• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drag Race NSX v AMG GT R

Better than i expected

Impressive quarter mile result, possibly the fastest yet for stock? The lack of more power from the ICE and the batteries shutting off above 120MPH explains why it doesn't do well in roll tests....

Thanks for sharing

Yup. New NSX is still awesome. It takes off like the proverbial “bat out of Hell”. With a bit of tweaking, it’ll do a bit better in a roll. 10.8 1/4 stock is insane.

Is there a video anywhere of Huracan vs NSX?

I bet Huracan would take it, but would love to see them head to head.

The Nsx beat the amg gtr in a drag race years ago on motor trends video. The gtr is faster on track though. I’m curious how these guys got a 10.8 second 1/4 time though because the Nsx does low 11’s repeatedly. Which is hella quick. But just wondering how they managed to shave a 1/2 second off a computer controlled vessel.

I'm suspect of the timing equipment..the start was a woman dropping her arms ...who knows when timing started vs where the car was.

I would take the GTR for the following reasons:

1. Prestige

The reason I like the nsx is because it isn't perceived as expensive. Hell I even think of my gallardo spyder (I dont really care either way but it's the designated garage queen) as more prestigious even though the nsx is worth more at this moment.

I bet Huracan would take it, but would love to see them head to head.

there is zero doubt the Lamborghini will spank both...

The Nsx beat the amg gtr in a drag race years ago on motor trends video. The gtr is faster on track though. I’m curious how these guys got a 10.8 second 1/4 time though because the Nsx does low 11’s repeatedly. Which is hella quick. But just wondering how they managed to shave a 1/2 second off a computer controlled vessel.

I'm suspect of the timing equipment..the start was a woman dropping her arms ...who knows when timing started vs where the car was.

yuh, that's not exactly instrumented testing! NSX's run consistent (computer controlled perfect launch) low 11's all day long, i'd agree the difference is down to bad timing.

the GTR is a sick car, and it does things far better than it seems like it should. especially on the race track, it is a beast.

but i'd take the NSX over it all day long. i've never really liked that front engine, long nose look. unless it's the SLS...

The new NSX is quick! Especially in real lif, 991 turbo quick! If 1/8 mile is quicker than most super cars!

Surprised that so many people "complain" about NSX interior, it is actually top quality and material! Sure it is not Lexus LS, but the leather, carbon, and how solid the dash, door, console etc, is nicer than 911 (standard trim, not talking spending extra $15k on custom leather, carbon, stitch etc), hurancan, Mclaren or even Ferrari. (Yes, with $30k upgrade, their interior will be nice too) I do agree the style of the NSX a interior is "nothing special" and look so similar to the $50K MDX...however, I took a new 2018 MDX a as loaner, while the interior is similar, the material, fit and finish is 3 level below NSX ... Just hard plastic everywhere, and all the buttons feel cheap compare to the NSX ..

Two so complains for me, lack of interior storage, and lack of driver seat adjustment...

I really like the AMG GTR, and close to buy one, (the social medias tell us it is high demanding, hard to get, you need to pay over MSRP Bluh bluh is BS, most MB a dealers have them in stock, and at the end, there are more AMG GTR than NSX on road !!) I like the style, in and out, it appeals even more than NSX to me, but I won't say Benz is much more prestige compare to Acura, see how many kids driving CLA, C class etc...

You can pretty much guarantee though, that driving off the lot in a MB you will not have much wind noise in the interior. The new Nsx has case after documented case of wind noise and rattles throughout. I experienced some of these first hand back in 2016. So, I don’t think the nsx has top quality interior. The seats are very nice though. It’s a very comfortable supercar. I’d pick the V8 rwd any stinking day over an awd hybrid. But the amg is a bit gaudy looking.

You can pretty much guarantee though, that driving off the lot in a MB you will not have much wind noise in the interior. The new Nsx has case after documented case of wind noise and rattles throughout. I experienced some of these first hand back in 2016. So, I don’t think the nsx has top quality interior. The seats are very nice though. It’s a very comfortable supercar. I’d pick the V8 rwd any stinking day over an awd hybrid. But the amg is a bit gaudy looking.

Let's check back in a few years. My E63 AMG wagon has rattles inside and squeaks, and the designo badge "G" fell off last week.

Over on the Ferrari boards, everyone knows not to own a Benz long term - AMG less of a gamble. Quality is not there on German cars. What you picture them to be and what they actually are, are two different things...

Lest you think new cars in this price range don't come with problems, go visit MacLife.

Let's check back in a few years. My E63 AMG wagon has rattles inside and squeaks, and the designo badge "G" fell off last week.

Over on the Ferrari boards, everyone knows not to own a Benz long term - AMG less of a gamble. Quality is not there on German cars. What you picture them to be and what they actually are, are two different things...

Lest you think new cars in this price range don't come with problems, go visit MacLife.

Well yeah, in a few years sure. But not after driving off the lot. As for the Mac’s my sister has a 570 gt and it runs solid without wind noise so far.

Well yeah, in a few years sure. But not after driving off the lot. As for the Mac’s my sister has a 570 gt and it runs solid without wind noise so far.

And so has my NSX.

My experience is that all brands at this price point have issues. Cracked glass on $350k 720s, battery issues on LaFerrari. It happens.

And so has my NSX.

My experience is that all brands at this price point have issues. Cracked glass on $350k 720s, battery issues on LaFerrari. It happens.

My Lexus LFA has NO issues at all- absolutely awesome car.......

My Lexus LFA has NO issues at all- absolutely awesome car.......
The sound alone from the LFA is KING KONG. Styling though, ehhh. But you have the best sounding NA car on the planet.;-)

I’d pick the V8 rwd any stinking day over an awd hybrid.

haha, such a strong statement. Are you sure you mean any awd hybrid? :wink: (cough..918...cough)

Plus supercars are not known for Lexus-like high reliability/quality as others have mentioned. Acura should be better than McLarens and Ferraris and Benz though.....

Back