• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driver window slow to go up, will dali fix it thing fix problem?

My 96 nsx driver window is getting slower and slower to go up almost not moving. Can i have a mechanic take it apart and put the dali "fix it" thing on it and clean it up, or, do i need a new regulator, which is quite expensive? How can i determine if it is a simple fix or if a new regulator is needed. The acura dealer here is not on the up and up and wants to bend me over every time i drive into the service aisle.
Also, who has the best deal on parts (oem) as the dealer here in louisiana wanted $753 for a part that i called a dealer in california and got a quote of $517. This was 3 years ago.
Who consistently has the best deals and service that i can call and have them ship me a part? Thanks

no it wont fix the slow issue, but it will save the window regulator from dying completely if that stock piece breaks... the window fix it thingy is made of stronger material that wont likely break.

Lubricating the track fixed my slow window problem. I had bought a set of Dali fix-it thingies, but never needed to install them.

Word of warning: make sure your tech understands that NSX windows have about 6 degrees of freedom and that he needs to mark where the mounting bolts are before removing the pane. Mine didn't, and neither did the first guy at the dealer. Three trips and three bills (not just Benjamins either!) before my window sealed properly again.

Look in Vendors for Hugabuga's window repair kits... Tons of info...

The Dali window fixit thingy holds the ends of the cable and prevent them "pulling through" the original nylon thingie. Hugo's kits (available through angus too...) replace the lower nylon guide with a nylon pulley with bearings and the 4 guide rubbers with Teflon guides. SO, worth the investment...

Check it out... -QD

My 96 nsx driver window is getting slower and slower to go up almost not moving. Can i have a mechanic take it apart and put the dali "fix it" thing on it and clean it up, or, do i need a new regulator, which is quite expensive? How can i determine if it is a simple fix or if a new regulator is needed. The acura dealer here is not on the up and up and wants to bend me over every time i drive into the service aisle.
Also, who has the best deal on parts (oem) as the dealer here in louisiana wanted $753 for a part that i called a dealer in california and got a quote of $517. This was 3 years ago.
Who consistently has the best deals and service that i can call and have them ship me a part? Thanks

Back