• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving advice

I would appreciate the advice of experienced NSX drivers, having just gotten mine, regarding driving characteristics of the car. My understanding is that the V-tec engine is designed to run at relatively high rpms, so my question is how should the car be driven on the track and on the road relative to speed vs. rpm and general shifting points. The owner's manual gives only some very brief and generic explanation of this matter. Thanks.

Drive the car how ever you like,then let us know where you like to shift. There is no harm in extended driving up to 8000rpm. Just make sure the oil is warm before getting in to vtec and that all routine service has been performed.

The redline has no meaning unless you use it.

Drive it like you stole it.

sent from my Evo4

Drive it like it's your Granny's Camry.

Oh never mind, CL65 drives them both the same way.

Clink.

In all seriousness, if your question is can it take trips to redline and stand some abuse I would have to say yes. Of course under the conditions stated above in the thread- operating temperature and services having been done.

On the track I frequently see redline and on the street I occasionally do but more often than not, I generally shift anywhere between 4.5 and 7K RPM depending on if I want to get into VTEC (yo) a little.

Drive the car how ever you like,then let us know where you like to shift. There is no harm in extended driving up to 8000rpm. Just make sure the oil is warm before getting in to vtec and that all routine service has been performed.

+1 - you can drive it in a manner you feel comfortable with. I mean how often can you get into vtech on the street? Unless you are just crazy and I'm assuming you're not. On the track is different depending on your ability. The car can take revs and running hard. Maintenance assumed as well. It's a great car - drive it as you like.

Drive it like it's your Granny's Camry.

Oh never mind, CL65 drives them both the same way.

Clink.

In all seriousness, if your question is can it take trips to redline and stand some abuse I would have to say yes. Of course under the conditions stated above in the thread- operating temperature and services having been done.

On the track I frequently see redline and on the street I occasionally do but more often than not, I generally shift anywhere between 4.5 and 7K RPM depending on if I want to get into VTEC (yo) a little.

Gee, Curtsr "frequently see redline", hard to believe:biggrin: Especially when Jim is chasing you around track!
Regards, Ray

Back