• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Driving w/ EPS/TCS/Engine lights on

Can I damage anything or make things worse driving when the EPS/TCS/Engine lights are on?

btw-I just replaced a dead battery w/ a new one (OEM) and the lights were on w/ the old battery too.

Thanks

Not necessarily. You should see what the Check Engine light is reporting (with an OBD tool or other means). The EPS light usually means the power steering system is off and you have to muscle the steering wheel around, or maybe the indicator is broken. As for TCS, I assume you mean the light stays on whether or not you've actually switched TCS on or off, in which case I think you should start with checking for problems with the indicators themselves.

Finally took the car to autozone to get scanned and the following code appeared:

P0135
02 sensor preheater circuit malfunction code
bank 1
sensor 1

I had that too last year. Took it to Acura & got it fixed for free. You have to tell them it should be free, they won't tell you. We have 14 year extended warranty on exhaust & emmissions.

96 NSX-T said:
Took it to Acura & got it fixed for free. You have to tell them it should be free, they won't tell you. We have 14 year extended warranty on exhaust & emmissions.
That's only on the '95-97.

On the EPS, try removing the clock fuse for 30-40 seconds and then retry. Do not touch the steering wheel when starting the vehicle. If you still get a warning light and the power steering is off, then send a PM to Zennsx. He repairs them and does a great job at a great price. If your vehicle is less than 8 years old, Acura will replace, repair it free.

Back