• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drove a SHO Taurus today!

YIKE'S, this thing is fast!!! Dealership let me jump in and go. Honestly I did'nt expect to be impressed as I was but the commercials do not mislead. Paddle shift mode was pretty impressive as well. I don't know how the longivity of the car will hold up but right out of the box it's a fun car to drive.

It's a very nice looking car. 20' wheels and twin turbo's = upwards of 40 grand {so they told me}. Interior was very nice.

I had to look it up since I didn't know anything about it. One website said this:

The original Taurus SHO generated a loyal following of owners and enthusiasts, with an active club more than 1,000 members strong, an online forum with more than 10,000 registered users and a Web site (bringbackthesho.com) specifically devoted to convincing Ford to resurrect the SHO. The 2010 Taurus product development team spent significant time listening to SHO enthusiasts.

So, according to this they 1.set up a website to convince Ford to make the car again, and 2. Ford listened and did it.
Perhaps we should try something similar: (bringbacktheNSXwiththeengineintherightplace.com)

Perhaps we should try something similar: (bringbacktheNSXwiththeengineintherightplace.com)

+1 to that! The only remotely afforable mid-engine cars out there now are the Elise/Exige, Cayman/Boxster, Ford GT and Audi R8, and none of those really "do it" for me like the NSX does.

I had a 1990 that I ran (without problems) to 160,000 miles. Got 30mpg.

I now am finishing up my 2 year relationship with a 2008 Taurus.

I really like both cars.

I've owned three SHO's in the past. I loved each one and I never had any problems with them. The best part about the car was that it was a complete sleeper. Most people didn't know that the SHO was a monster. Even though it had tons of torque steer, it was fun as heck to spin the tires through third gear. I certianly hope this new SHO stays around for a while. I'd love to get one in a few years as a DD after I get tired of my current one.

I've always been a fan of the SHO exterior styling. However, like every other Ford I sat in for the last twenty years, the interior was complete crap. It's like the Ford family was employing the black sheep of the family to head up interior styling and quality. FINALLY over the last couple of years, they are producing some good ones. This, furthermore, is a beautiful interior. Kudos to Ford for finally coming through. This is a car I could buy. It's about damn time.

FMC seems to have a big number of medium level cars that are priced seemingly pretty high.

I had quite the jonez for the Edge Sport AWD, but at 42K, no thanks. I can spend another $5-10K and get a two year old low mile supercharged Land Rover Sport or BMW X5 which is five times the car as the Edge.

I've been reading up on the new SHO and I think I'll go test drive one for $hits and giggles. A little bit of modding to this car and you can probably easily have a 500+hp sleeper. :wink:

FMC seems to have a big number of medium level cars that are priced seemingly pretty high.

I had quite the jonez for the Edge Sport AWD, but at 42K, no thanks. I can spend another $5-10K and get a two year old low mile supercharged Land Rover Sport or BMW X5 which is five times the car as the Edge.

well don't buy either used without a warranty.

well don't buy either used without a warranty.

^^^ lol X2, My 2006 M5 was over 1$ a mile to drive, $2400 for a set of tires 10mpg and it broke 2x under warranty with a repair over 3k and they said that was cheep :) I am done with NOT leasing a BMW MB or any other German trash car. Even with the repairs being free it still takes my time screwing with it.

You can get a 300HP AWD Acura RL now in the mid 20's. An EXTREMELY clean one around 30. I just found one, a clean one, with 30K on the clock and the guy wanted 26K. It will have substabtially less depreciation too. 40K for a taurus is pretty steep. If it depreciated like a honda that is one thing but it will be selling for 20K in 2 years max.

You can get a 300HP AWD Acura RL now in the mid 20's. An EXTREMELY clean one around 30. I just found one, a clean one, with 30K on the clock and the guy wanted 26K. It will have substabtially less depreciation too. 40K for a taurus is pretty steep. If it depreciated like a honda that is one thing but it will be selling for 20K in 2 years max.

Sounds like a good price, but that car is SOOOO boring. I enjoyed driving my TL more than the RL.

^^^ lol X2, My 2006 M5 was over 1$ a mile to drive, $2400 for a set of tires 10mpg and it broke 2x under warranty with a repair over 3k and they said that was cheep :) I am done with NOT leasing a BMW MB or any other German trash car. Even with the repairs being free it still takes my time screwing with it.

You're right leasing is the way to go with German cars, well unless the interest rates are in your favor.

I always loved the SHO- a buddy of mine had a 92 5-speed. I always loved the way it sounded @ WOT- the Yamaha engine was great.

@ NetViper- drive the RL again- maybe in slick conditions? I have an 04 TL, and I absolutely love it, but my Dad's 06 RL is better in every catagory, and in any weather condition. The SH AWD is real grippy. My next used car purchase would probably be an RL if i needed to replace my TL.

@ the German car aficionados- Hey man, German cars aren't "built" they are "engineered"! LoL. My buddy the VW enthusiast loves to use that line. Spectacular engineering is probably why my Brother-in-laws TT S4 is still sitting dead in my garage...

P

Back