• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drove an Enzo today

NSXLuvr said:
No offense, but that pic(enzo) makes it look Ugly!:eek: Unfortunately I have never seen one. Please tell it looks stunning in person

I think it's the most amazing car I've ever seen in person, and I might even like it better than the F40.

I really think you need to see it live or in some sort of 3d rendering to appreciate all the lines.

NSX/MR2 said:
One day, Brad? It is more like right now, knowing you. Order an Enzo, or grab a F40, then slap on the Ferrari's factory performance package which will boost your hp up to around 650hp with some twin turbo works. Saw one F40 like that down at Symbolic and that thing was smoking.

I don't have that kind of money, but we should all dream :) I always say, if you're going to dream, dream big!

emvanderpol said:
YOU DROVE AN ENZO!!!!! That's like saying,
Just got up today,
Had a cup of Starbucks,
and, Oh yeah, just had sex with three super models.

WOW, more details/pictures please.....

I'll try to get more pics up, but right now I have no where to put them -- I'm out of room on my tiny, free webpage.

But yeah, it was like a 'once in a lifetime' thing... I'm still blown away, a day later... can't believe it was real... sheesh.

Here are some more pics, but not of the Enzo... I'll have to figure out a way to free up some room. But these are some of my favorite car pics in addition to the to I already posted:

cars4.jpg

cars5.jpg

Those are from the F40 I drove on the autobahn and Nurburgring (yeah, another dream come true).

cars6.jpg

That's a 355 Spider we rented in Vegas... I just like how the pic worked with the Luxor in the background.

cars8.jpg

And then my stable, tho now the 360 is gone.

When I was in the F40, it didn't impress me much 0-140mph but I guess it was made for 140-200+ I think the F40 would get beat by many cars on a tight road course JMO. The 360 Stradale....now THATS a car! The Enzo in the states I believe will be a garage Queen or a Concours Queen. Please someone prove me wrong!!!!!!:D

Z18 said:
I don't have that kind of money, but we should all dream :) I always say, if you're going to dream, dream big!

It is never about the question of money, I was talking about your love for sport cars. Like me, If you or I want something, we want it now.

On that notion, what do you think the price for a 360 is going to be 4-5 years from now? Would a new Ferrari, the one that is going to replace the 360 affect the price of the 360 (lower it,) like how the 360 did to the price of the F355?

I saw an Yellow Enzo last Friday ...this time it was on the same side of the parkway with me and i had to follow it .... saw it from all angles and it was amazing. Like someone else said here i like the front and back the most and that yellow just made the car stand out so much more. The Enzo had gotten off the same exit as me but took the split to the right and i could not belive what i was gonna witness next....he clips the curb with the right wheel.....hope there wasnt too much damage.

T Bell said:
When I was in the F40, it didn't impress me much 0-140mph but I guess it was made for 140-200+ I think the F40 would get beat by many cars on a tight road course JMO. The 360 Stradale....now THATS a car! The Enzo in the states I believe will be a garage Queen or a Concours Queen. Please someone prove me wrong!!!!!!:D

Which F40 was it? US or Euro-spec? My understanding is the US Spec F40 was castrated pretty hard due to emissions issues.

The Euro-spec car I drove was amazingly fast... less turbo lag than my 996 turbo, fantastic road feel, and had incredible grip... it felt at least 1.0gs to me just based on feel. And I'd guess mid-high 3 second 0-60.

It also accelerated insanely from 80mph to 150mph as well... I was on the Nurburgring and was towards the end of the track, say 2 turns for the final straight, and a GSXR-750 passes me. When I get on the straight he's ahead of me and we both punch it and I start catching him. I'd never been in a car that could even touch a sport bike.

Now, the Enzo was even more incredible... by a LOT... though I certainly didn't have nearly the time to get as used to it, nor to open it up as I did the F40.

Maybe one day :)

T Bell said:

Have an F40 come up on your tail in the uphill esses at VIR and you will see how well they handle. He was probably doing over 115mph as I was getting it at 90+. I let him by on the back straight, and did not gun it to see if I could keep up:(

The yellow Enzo here in the Carolinas was at a Ferrari track day at VIR within the first month of ownership.

Jason W said:
Pardoned. :)

The Stradale is the newest version of the Ferrari 360 Modena.

Full name is the Challenge Stradale. Faster than the old(er) Challenge, but street legal.

Jason-

A little more detail:

It's about 200lbs lighter than the 360... more titanium and carbon fiber used; less sound deadening materials.

The engine is the same but the compression is up and it's more free breathing, so the Hp is up from 395 to 425.

The interior is more 'hard core'... less leather, push button starter... just feels like more of a race car.

There is no auto mode for the F1 transmission; instead of regular or sport, its sport or race; the F1 transmission shifts much faster than the regular 360.

The suspension is like 20% tighter and the car is lower.

The ground effects of the car are totally redone based on 360 Challenge and 360 GT research in racing; to me, this is the most exciting part of the car: it allegedly should have a skidpad between 1.1 and 1.2gs. That would put it far above and beyond ANY road car with road tires and I love handling and pulling g's even more than acceleration.

It has wider tires (which also helps the handling, even though a certain person on this board thinks it doesn't, or at least wider tires wouldn't help an NSX), and 19" wheels. The tires are also a custom Pirelli P-zero.

It comes stock with carbon-ceramic brakes that allegedly don't fade at all. I'm actually scared about this, though... I've heard the carbon-ceramic brakes on the Porsche GT2 & GT3 wear out FAST (and I mean both the pads AND the rotors) and are uber-expensive to replace... so the upkeep costs here are scary for someone like me who MUST drive the car hard.

Lastly, with the Euro-spec car you can get Lexan door glass and a full roll cage, but alas, these aren't DOT approved, so denied here in the states we are.

That's it off the top of my head.

In a nutshell, it's a Ferrari 360 Type R... a street car that's so close to a race car except that it's still somehow street legal. And, for me, that's exactly what I want: a single purposed Ferrari... no compromises.

how much $$$ for the this type of 360??

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I saw an Yellow Enzo last Friday ...this time it was on the same side of the parkway with me and i had to follow it .... saw it from all angles and it was amazing. Like someone else said here i like the front and back the most and that yellow just made the car stand out so much more. The Enzo had gotten off the same exit as me but took the split to the right and i could not belive what i was gonna witness next....he clips the curb with the right wheel.....hope there wasnt too much damage.

He must have been intrigued by your NSX in his mirror and lost concentration!

Back