• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DSL ( wireless )

Hi US-guys !
Tomorrow I will be leaving Sweden for a 3 weeks stay at St Petersburg FL . My only concern now in the last hours ( exept my disappont regarding the weather that seams to be really lousy in the Tampa area in the forecast ) is , should I bring my laptop with me and will there be a wireless connection to adsl . Is it common in us to have it and can I expect to find it in the house I have hired in Treasure Island or, will I find it in " internet cafe's ? The reason I ask is that I have a rather bulky laptop ( acer TN 634 ).
Thanx for any inputs that makes my decision easier. Talking about weather , I have hired 2 convertibles , would u guys from fl say it'¨s wasted money ? best regards , Lars-Erik

Weather blows thru Tampa very quickly. I'm sure if it is bad right now, just wait a little while and it WILL pass.
Sorry, can't answer questions about computer connections down there.

91 Black NSX said:
should I bring my laptop with me and will there be a wireless connection to adsl . Is it common in us to have it and can I expect to find it in the house I have hired in Treasure Island

DSL and other broadband connections, and wireless routers, are common in the United States. However, they are usually installed by individuals and companies for their own use. I would not expect to find such technologies in rental properties. They may be there, but the odds are against you. Just my O.

St. Petersburg FL weather in July:
Normal high: 90.2 degrees F
Normal low: 76.2 degrees F
Average precipitation: 7.73 inches
Average number of days in July with ANY rain (.01 inch or more): 14
Average number of days in July with rain .5 inch or greater: 5
Average number of days in July with rain 1.0 inch or greater: 2

Hi US-guys ,
Back in Sweden again.
Thanks for your input about dsl and weather in Fl ! My fears for " lousy weather " in fl turned out to be for no reason at all . Rainshowers now and then but not for long , thunderstorms , yes but only close once ( very close ) during my stay there in 3 weeks. I am very pleased with the weather , 38 C at best in the shade. I did not bring my laptop and of course there whas no dsl in the villa i hired. It turned out that I am very happy I hired convertibles , expensive indeed but I do not regrett it at all. We ( my family = 7 persons) had a big smile when we filled the tank of the cars , did you know that in Sweden we pay same price for 1 liter petrol that you pay for a gallon ? My reason for visiting Fl whas to have a nice time in good weather and to look at powerboats that is another interest we have. We visited a lot of boatdealers in the neighborhood of St Pete and Sarasota and of course in Treasure Island and we may stay in contact via internet . We did se more nsx's than I expected , a yellow one ( oem) twice close to Treasure Island , another yellow with new side shirts and fronthood north of St Pete , a red at the Tampa int. airport and another red somewhere don't remember. Prices are pleasantly low for a lot of things in US. We could buy golfclubs for half the price we would have paid in Sweden , very nice and I have not said anything about clothes and so on (!) And yes , most of us had a terribly jet-lag when we come home, I myself could hardly sleep in normal manner for a week .( better now )
I thought this could be of interest at least for you that had some inputs earlier.
best regards , Lars-Erik

Glad your vacation was a success and you enjoyed Florida and the US. Maybe some day some of us NSX'ers could visit you in Sweden. I was stationed in Germany for three years but never made it to Sweden. I loved living in Europe and it would be the "Bomb" to have my NSX there to drive the Autobahn.

Unfortunately, when I was there I only had my '84 Toyota 4X4 and top speed was 85mph. But I did get several rides in my supervisors GTI (a real German version) and got to see 140mph. Pretty strange though watching other cars pass us like we were going backwards. Ah...the fun.

Anyway, glad you are back safely.

Back