• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DVD Player Recommendation

Happy New Year All.

In Dec I decided to upgrade my home theatre system and went out and purchased the following equipment.

Integra DTR 8.3 AMP/Receiver
Definitive Technology BP2004TL (4 loud speakers)
Definitive Technology CLR 2500 Centre Channel

I have a fairly large room (30'x35') and wanted to be able to listen to music during parties and use it for surround when watching movies without having 2 seperate systems.

I have not had a chance to set/up test out the surround yet but during my New Years eve party the 4 deftech's rocked with all types of different music.

My question is what do you home theatre freaks recommend as far as which DVD player to choose. I've read that progressive scan is a must with todays DVD's. I also would like to have a DVD player than plays region 1 and 2 (North America & Europe) DVD's. I purchased some British comedies while I was in the UK and I can only watch them on my PC DVD. I also don't want a DVD player that you have to enter codes to switch from region 1 to region 2( If one exists). Is there a player than can automatically detect the DVD region when loaded?

I'm looking to spend no more than $1500.00 US. Any input is appreciated.

BTW My TV is a 63" Sony Rear Projection HDTV.

Also does anyone have the receiver I've mentioned above. I'm interested in hooking up a PC to the Receiver(Ethernet connection) and need some help on what PC program is required.

Thanks

Johnny

Johnny,

Denon DVD 2900 due to your budget. However, I understand HD DVD is coming soon (blue laser). I have it and it's flawless. I use the Once upon a time in Mexico DVD which just came out and by far the best picture quality DVD for now. It was mastered in HD. Also any superbit DVD to test your playback quality.

Tan

Back