• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Day for October meet 4th meet...

Anybody interested in having another Dyno Day before NSXPO? That way you can get baseline plots before you install any goodies that you might happen to pick up at NSXPO. :)

As for shops, one possibility is DynoSpot Racing in San Jose. This is where we had our last Dyno Day, organized by Ted Chan. If someone else knows of another shop, suggestions are, of course, welcome.

Please reply to the thread if you're interested.

If people don't want to mess up the usual club lunch, we could have an independent Dyno Day on a different Saturday which doesn't conflict with the club lunch.

-CiaoBoy

I would suggest trying out ATP in Fremont. They charge much less for baseline runs and not to mention they have an in-ground dyno. Much easier pulling up onto the rollers ;)

Option2 said:
I would suggest trying out ATP in Fremont. They charge much less for baseline runs and not to mention they have an in-ground dyno. Much easier pulling up onto the rollers ;)

I just called ATP and here is what they can offer. Their normal price for 3 baseline runs is $65. If we can get 10 people committed to a Dyno Day, then they can lower the price to $50. We would need to get the first customer started by around 9-10am in order to squeeze everybody into the same day.

How many people are interested and can commit to coming? I'm thinking of holding the Dyno Day on Saturday, Sept 27th in order not to conflict with the club lunch on Saturday, Oct 4th. We sorta need a full day anyway.

Please respond to the thread.

-CiaoBoy

I no longer own an NSX but if you don't mind me bringing the EVO, I'd love to join you guys.

Just an fyi ......

Factor X Engineering, a sponsor of NSXPO 2003, will be bringing their Dynapack machine to NXPO. The plan is to have it available to the attendees for Dyno pulls from Friday through Sunday.

HTH

Hrant said:
Just an fyi ......

Factor X Engineering, a sponsor of NSXPO 2003, will be bringing their Dynapack machine to NXPO. The plan is to have it available to the attendees for Dyno pulls from Friday through Sunday.

HTH

Cool. Did they say how much they will charge?

-CiaoBoy

Factor X Engineering agreed to offer, among other things as part of their sponsorship, several pull sessions (each session consisting of 3 pulls) on a lottery basis to be drawn on Friday during vendor's day. The winner will be able to have the pulls on any of the 3 days.

We did not negotiate the rate for pulls beyond that but they said they will make it available to others as well. I am sure in the spirit of the event and the moment (hint hint .....), they will be very flexible and generous ..... ;)

Perhaps Ken from Factor X Engineering can post more details.

If you still want to do this, I can get some of the EVO guys to come out. It's up to you. I'm not sure if you want this to be a NSX only event or not.

CiaoBoy--

So far I have 3 confirmed "Yes" from the EVO community. Will they do $100 / hour for tuning?

Option2 said:
CiaoBoy--

So far I have 3 confirmed "Yes" from the EVO community. Will they do $100 / hour for tuning?

I didn't plan for this to be a tuning day, just a day to get dyno runs. Tuning would take substantially more time per car, and would probably be better left to each individual making their own appointment.

You're free to call up ATP yourself and ask if they can accomodate what you are looking for.

-CiaoBoy

Hi, I'm the guy with the Pantera and wanting to ask if I could come join the dyno run. You could count me in if that's okay, just tell me time, place (address), and how to pay, check? Cash? :)

LittoDeViL said:
So hmm is this still going on?.. I'm still up for it...

Let's shoot for Saturday, Oct 18th. How many people can make it? If we can get 10 confirmed, I'll call up ATP in Fremont and tell them that we're coming.

Please post a response to this thread if you want to join us on Oct 18th. Thanks.

-CiaoBoy

Back