• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno done with good&bad news -.-

Dyno Day in Portugal with may stock pow C30A with good anda bad news.

276,4 BHP
94 BHP Drag power.

Conclusion: happy for the engine very ok but don´t understand how could have almost 100 BHP of drag power :frown: Any sugestions

It´s done in a MAHA.

Don´t know if it is important but wheel&tire is:

215-40-R17 front with ET48 and 7,5'
255-35-R18 rear with ET35 and 9,5'

IMG_6774.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

Since the engine bay was closed during the dyno run in the video, I assume the shop didn’t measure the actual engine rpm but calculated it from the roller speed. I assume your fuel cutoff is actually at 8000 rpm or thereabouts yet it your printout shows 7735. The dyno can assume the wrong rpm if your rear tires were slipping on the rollers, were worn a bit, weren’t manufactured with an outer diameter exactly as expected, the shop didn’t enter your non-OEM rear tire size correctly, they entered the wrong gearing because although your NSX was first registered in 1997 it was manufactured in 1994/5, etc. Horsepower is calculated by multiplying the measured torque with the engine speed. If the shop didn’t measure the exact engine speed, their horsepower “calculation” is based on a guess.

Regarding the transmission losses, yes, they do seem very high but they vary massively depending on which dyno you put the car on. Austrian Type-R and I both put our NSXs on Bosch dynos of the same type but in different locations. His NSX showed 60% more transmission losses than mine. WTF??? ProCar Specials put his NSX on a Maha dyno (see here and here) and had 160% more transmission losses than I did. On a different Maha dyno (see here), m666 edd had 220% more transmission losses. I really don’t know why the transmission losses should vary so massively except for measurement error but from the limited number of NSX dyno charts I have seen, Maha dynos seem to show the highest losses.

Back