• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dyno Power Run, 289.9 bhp. 3.0 NA

I've had my cars on the rollers, thought i would post up my dyno charts.

This was on a Dastek Dynamomters Dyno.

Mods:

Cantrell Headers
STMPO Messiah exhaust system
Exhaust system Zircotec Ceramic coated http://www.zircotec.com/
Downforce System Stack
Downforce instake pipe
Downforce DFR
SOS big bore throttle body
VVIS Delete

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/huC71mJZDMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The car has been dyno'd sinse with couple more tweaks and small mods, 294bhp on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno.

Feel free to comment on the power and torque curves, interested to hear what people say, I will have some more to post in the near future hopefully with bit more power.

Attachments

• dynoheader.jpg
    dynoheader.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 888
  • dynochart.jpg
    dynochart.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 892
  • dynofull.jpg
    dynofull.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 898
Why does your green nsx looks so much more bad ass than mine

Why does your green nsx looks so much more bad ass than mine

Green and Carbon looks awesome ;).

Not sure if ours is the same green, i think they are the same colour however mine is called Charlotte green (uk) as where i think yours may be Brookland green?

I have tints and sun tint at top of screen, Think it was Mugen kids front led lights, Carbon front lower spoiler, removed the fogs, us style front plate. red badge helps set it off a little. Also the rain on the car helps make it look more aggressive.

I've got loads of pics on the web, and more videos on my youtube page.

Impressive numbers!! Stock ECU?

It is for now.

Actually well... to be honest, i've been asking a few ecu related questions recently, it's currently with the tuner for what was originally going to be standalone but as we found out it's not really realistic to go standalone on obd2 cars as so much relies on the stock ecu mainly the dash setup is all tied in. So it's going on in piggy back, i can't wait.

It's going to have 3 maps, eco, fast road and race. The idea is the eco mode will be even safer than factory map as where the other two will be more. This ecu has advance knock control and lots of advanced features that detects and reads more errors than your ordinary aftermarket ecu thus making it safer for the car as it will detect problems and switch map or shut off accordingly. I'm having wideband fitted but i have to add to my imediate shopping list oil sandwich plate so i can fit oil temp and pressure sensors as the ecu will switch off the car or switch to safer map if they drop or rise out of the safety range.

He is currently in Denmark mapping and will be back on mine next week :D.

I wasn't sure how advanced this ecu was until i saw an article he was replacing a Motec M800 as it is an inferior product, the Motec M800 i thought was meant to be the ultimate, so i really can't wait to get my car back.

This is really my last big mod before going turbo.

Jaff,
What are your HP improvement goals over stock with the "race" ecm?

Not entirely sure yet until i have spoken with the tuner.

But it will be for higher octane fuel.

In the UK we run higher ron. We get normal unldeaded which i'm not sure if it's around 91-92 mark then we get super availible at all petrol stations. This can vary so much from supplier 95 - 99 Tesco as in the supermarket is 99 ron and Shell Vpower is 99, Vpower is a better fuel as it has better additives but Tesco's is a good alternative.

Also the timing will be advanced more and i'm not that up on what else he can do to stretch more performance out of the tune. I was worried about running too much timing but the knock control if it detects too much timing it retards it back to the normal.

I will update with more specs on the differences between maps once it's all done and he gives me the info.

My Dyno above was on stock ecu with mods listed above, then we done a few minor mods between that dyno and giving it to the tuner which i asked for a power run on their dyno so when i got the power runs on the different maps i had a before and after comparison on the same dyno.

Something else with the ecu, i need to ask him but he said he can't believe how it revs, it's setup a different way to the stock ecu i'm not sure how but he said it now revs like a bike. :D

My car is the First Honda to run this ecu. There are allot of cars in the motorsport industry running this, it's also popular on Supra's exceeding over 500bhp and Tvr's. He's fitting one to a Mosler in the near future.

Very nice car!

However, I think that dyno is very optimistic. From the STMPO Messiah thread, your trap speeds with the mods varied from 101 to 104MPH. With 290WHP and assuming you haven't added a lot of weight, you should be 110MPH trap speeds at least.

I'm putting my car on a Dynojet next month as a baseline before I do my motor build. I've never dyno'd it, but I expect anywhere from 250 to 300WHP :wink: My 1/4 mile trap speed was 109-111MPH with a bone stock '92 engine/exhaust and minor weight reduction.

Dave

Take a look at the dyno header bit.

The figures are at the fly and not the rear wheels. The highest at the wheels was the 2nd run at 244 bhp. That's odd though as that was the 2nd run which was the least at the fly.

The 1/4 mile times was good few months before the Dyno, i had done a few more mods since that run and before the dyno and a few mods after the dyno. To be honest i was a little disapointed with the runs, the parts i had gone for were high end parts, Downforce intake, Cantrell headers, stmpo exhaust system going by quoted figures i should seen closer to 300 if not over at the flywheel.

My last power run was the other day, that was 294 bhp he didn't say but i'm guessing that was at the flywheel also.

I think in the US you quote bhp at the wheels as here we go mainly by flywheel i guess that's because our cars are a lil behind on what you guys do in the US so it makes our numbers look better ;)

1/4 mile times can vary quite a bit. Tire psi, launch RPM, temp/humidity,
clutch slippage, shift points, weight reduction and of course driver skill will all
factor in to eta's and trap speed.

It is common to get 20 to 25 HP gain with proper HIE on NSX with mid mileage.

It is a great number regardless. Congrats!

Hi Jaffaz, can you clarify the ECU you're planning to use for the 3 new fuel/ignition maps?

To my knowledge there has never really been an option for re-mapping our OBD2 cars, except for the piggyback devices used with turbo installations which I believe is the route you're ultimately going?

Your torque curve, particularly at lower revs, does seem to have suffered by deleting the VVIS. I guess this is what it's there for. Peak torque is still good though.

It'd be good to find a way of running a more aggressive map on NA OBD2 cars to release a few of the ponies that the "safe" factory map keeps up it's sleeve, particularly when we fit more efficient I/H/E's.

Cheers

Mark

289.9 with intake header and exhaust?

That seems low. The dyno sheet shows your are only putting 244.2 horses to the wheels? Am I reading this wrong?

289.9 with intake header and exhaust?

That seems low. The dyno sheet shows your are only putting 244.2 horses to the wheels? Am I reading this wrong?

Exactly my thought. NA1 with I/H/E usually dynos around 260 to 270 at the wheels. 244.2 is closer to stock numbers, which are usually 235-245 at the wheels.

What does Correction Factor 102.7% and 102.8% mean?
How would the numbers change if the factor was only at 100%?

I have never seen a torque curve intersect the horsepower curve anywhere but 5,200 rpm.

In Europe, people often plot power and torque on different scales. We don’t usually use lbft to measure torque here but rather Nm. If you measure power in PS and torque in Nm, the curves cross at 7023 rpm. If an engine doesn’t spin that high, the power and torque curves will never cross unless you use different scales for both. So people have gotten used to doing that.

The chart above was created in that vein. The bhp numbers on the left use a different scale than the lbft numbers on the right. If they would have been scaled the same, the curves would have crossed at 5252 rpm. Looking at the chart, at that engine speed the higher of the curves is torque and the lower is power. At 5252 rpm the torque curve is at about 200, as is power curve. So they didn’t make a mistake in the calculations. Out of habit, being good Europeans, they used different scales for power and torque even though in this case, they wouldn’t have needed to.

Back