• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Easy way to rig window closed

I need to get my passenger side window regulator fixed but it's my daily driver... So is there an easy method angelou has devised to rig it in the up position while I get it fixed?

Thanks!

Hold it closed as tightly as you can, then put a strip of tape across the bottom of it just above the window trim.

Then keep stacking layers of tape on the next until the tape is too thick to allow the window to slide down. I would recommend doing this on the inside of the car and not using the passenger side door if at all possible.

The closer you get the tape to the bottom of the window, the better the seal you should have... plus it should be easy to clean the glass to get the residue off. The only other way I think you could do it would be to just take the door panel off (gonna have to do it anyway) and then rig up something to prop the window open that is a more secure option...

You can use clear packaging tape. It doesn't look as bad if you use it on the inside. I take that back - it looks bad no matter what, but it's easy and cheap, like a great night out with a chic.

Had this problem on my Caravan and Crv. What i did was grab a piece of wood, roughly measured it from the bottom of the window to the bottom of the door where you can fit the stick, on the inside. Then cut the wood and jam it / wedge it between the bottom of the window and inside of door. Held up my windows fine for a year until I finally fixed em.

^^^Did the same thing a while ago on my driver side. Np problem. Replaced the regulator within a month.

If you have The Club (steering wheel anti-theft device) or something similiar, that works pretty good. Just wedged inside the door.

It allows you to adjust it to the correct height.

....Just make sure you have the key and don't lose it!!!

Back