• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ebay 2001 NSX - JH4NA21681T000070

I am seriously considering this NSX for purchase. Apparently it was a lease vehicle and I am in the process of obtaining a Carfax. Does the fact that the car was a lease vehicle impact value? Also, could anyone provide a recommendation of someone to perform a prepurchase inspection in the New Haven, CT area?

Thank you,
Scott

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001...ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#mainImage

Another question. The car seems priced below market. The fact that the car is listed by a dealer, whom I would assume could sell the car at market value, makes me a little suspicious. Any input what so ever on this car would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Man good question.

Only thing I can think of is it was not serviced at a dealer....the mileage just jumps 150 to 64,xxx on the carfax report. It was a lease vehicle, which probably means the owner ran the hell out of it (could be wrong), and it may not have had all the service work done....like no clutch, timing belt, water pump etc....but even that, this car in your area should pull around $54800.

It was sold from the dealer at auction. Likely that it may need all of the items listed above?

Still I would think if you want it, you better jump on it. Carfax is clean, although not bullet proof.

Also, the seller is clean. I have been doing Ebay for over 6 years now. I wouldn't have a problem trusting him/her even though the last transaction is not viewable, and took place a while back....I'd call someone there tomorrow and make a deposit quick or it will be too late. All it takes is one person to make a deposit and you can kiss it good bye.

Last edited:
Only thing that bothers me is this: " It appears that this vehicle has never been involved in a collision. This vehicle appears to have no current exterior collision damage."

Notice the word appears. We use that a lot in insurance....it is always the OUT word. Also, see how it says '...no current exterior collision damage.'? Would make me think it was in a fender bender paid for out of pocket. I wouldn't worry about that too much b/c it doesn't show on carfax. Meaning no one else would know. I would want to look underneath at the front and rear frame horns to make sure, aluminum can be hard to work on.

Still, I'd feel pretty safe with it.

JM

Last edited:
Remember guys CARFAX is garbage. The only thing to trust on carfax is the number of owners. Accident data is very inaccurate. In California for example, accidents do not show on carfax. DO NOT RELY SOLELY ON CARFAX OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

High mileage car, perhaps the buy it now price is a iittle low, but if it's in great condition, you should jump on it.

Wow, I keep thinking about this car selling for $10K less than NADA. If it is in good mechanical shape, you (me) will have a great deal. Most people lose money the minute they buy the car, you could buy it and be very very safe financially (assuming it has no problems).

Last edited:
Wow, I can't thank you all enough for responses and insight into this NSX. Whether I buy this NSX or another one, I am very much looking forward to meeting some of the great people on Prime.

Thanks
Scott

This is the situation, on April 4th the car went through a dealer inspection at Executive Acura in CT. The exterior defects included one minor a 1/2 inch scratch on the driver side door, no accidents, body and frame are straight. The interior is immaculate per the dealer and seller. Mechanically, the car needed a new battery, there was a very small leak with master cylinder, a small amount of seapage around the valve gasket covers, it needed a spare tire compressor, and the tire shimmied at high speed. The amazing thing is, the seller has agreed to cover the cost of all the aforementioned mechanical issues. I had the timing belt, water pump and associated belts replaced at my expense.

Today the dealer called to inform me that during the high speed balancing of the wheels it was determined that both front wheels are very slightly bent. My question is, what are my options? To replace the rims I was quoted a cost of $1,204 per rim. Is there any way to have the wheels straightened?

Once again, thank you all very much for your assistance.

Yes I ended the auction and I am purchasing the car. I had several conversations with the seller. Everything appeared above board and I arranged a PPI. So the auction was ended early after the seller and I agreed upon a price.

I have been very pleased with the seller, as well as, the dealer doing the PPI. However, today I found out about the rims and I am in sort of dilemma. My feelings are that I got the car for a very fair price, I will have all major work completed and still be well under fair market value. But, $2,400 for rims is a bit much, particularly if I can have them straightened. Any input would be great.

Also, I want to contribute/become a paying member, this site and the people on it are the best.

Thanks

Hey kamikazi4you, I was also inquiring on that car, it looks like you got a steal! Best of luck to you, hope you enjoy the experience!

$2400 for two stock front '97 -'01 Blades 16" rims? Don't do it.

You could buy a set of 4 with tires from the 'Parts for Sale' section for half that amount.

If there aren't any currently for sale and you don't have the patience to wait for a set, you could buy quality aftermarket wheels/tires for about the same price.

Back