• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ebay 38K mile NSX for $15K?

You could wire him $1.50 and pretend you really sent the $1500 and see if you can get them to make a fuss with the bank and maybe end up giving out some identifying information.

Originally posted by JerryW:
...Meanwhile, I can semi-confirm STLNSX's claim to ownership of the vehicle. I ran it through carfax and the records show a transfer of ownership from Newport Beach, Cali to Ballwin, Missouri on sept 25 and STLNSX's profile lists St Louis, Missouri as his location, Ballwin being a suburb according to mapquest. Mileage is ~12K, significantly less than the ebay listing's claim of 38K.

I'm not sure what confuses you. Did you assume that this scam full of BS listed the real mileage? Or are you not convinced that Randy really owns it? I can assure you his claims are legit as we were blasting through the countryside in it last Sunday. Very nice car.

guys,
we can talk and discuss this alll day long, and nothing will come of it. all we can do is hope that whoever won the bid to conduct his/her due deligence on this. from all indication, this look like a scam. lord o'mighty....15K for an nsx? i'll buy it all day long and resell it 16K
smile.gif
who would be stupid enough to wire the money to Europe and hope that the seller will return next month and follow through with it. what if the seller doesn't want to? what next? try to bring the case to court? will it be worth it? and how long would it takes? how much time will be wasted? get ebay to do it? i'll stop here..i've been burn before and still can't get a freakin solutions. let me close my eyes and pretend it never happen....opps..not working
smile.gif
be careful guys. btw, whoever drove a red on the 22west on dec 6th evening....looks good!!

[This message has been edited by yellowpad (edited 07 December 2002).]

You could wire him $1.50 and pretend you really sent the $1500 and see if you can get them to make a fuss with the bank and maybe end up giving out some identifying information.

LOL. This is getting really funny. Ingenious, but funny.

Regards.

guys,
just to let you know that i have tested with the seller and suggested alternatives then just the deposit she requested..hereeeeee is her respond:

I think you missunderstand something. Escrow, COD, Paypal or other things
like this are not accepted. If you didn't read carefuly the terms is your
fault. I thought your bank will give you a faster transfer where I will
indicate, not an Escrow. if you are not ready to accept my terms than you
can find another car. This car is like sold, I have my mailbox full of
offers, people that are offering me over $22,000 without excrow or such
things. As far as I can see you are avoiding to pay in advance and I don't
accept this kind of buyers. I am sorry to tell you this but maybe we shall
close this discussion and each one to deal with other parts. I am sure you
will find a better deal.

Thank you and have a good night.

Susan

Use your best judgement guys....

Anyone thought of contacting previous buyers to see if they know some contact info. If she shipped something to them maybe a return address and a name?

I also believe the winning bidder can get this info from ebay.

[This message has been edited by nsxxtreme (edited 07 December 2002).]

Anyone who bids can get the address info that the seller has on file with ebay. I'm definitely leaning towards thinking this is a hijacked account - take a look at the username it is "breyernsx" - what are the chances that someone selling cheese-wiz or whatever for 700+ auctions is named breyernsx and just now wants to sell an nsx that they were given as a gift from someone else in the family? I think the hijacker changed the account name (which is probably why the sunglasses are on the account) to make it harder for the real owner to discover the hijacking.

Have anyone contacted ebay yet? This NSX have been relisted again. VERY SCARY!! I'm glad the NSX I bought last week fom ebay wasn't a scam. No more shopping on ebay for me!

-Yvonne

And another thing...I contacted the seller from the number that is provided on ebay, and the actual person claims she has no car for sale on Ebay.

agree.. btw where in Boston u r at?

Anyone who bids can get the address info that the seller has on file with ebay. I'm definitely leaning towards thinking this is a hijacked account - take a look at the username it is "breyernsx" - what are the chances that someone selling cheese-wiz or whatever for 700+ auctions is named breyernsx and just now wants to sell an nsx that they were given as a gift from someone else in the family? I think the hijacker changed the account name (which is probably why the sunglasses are on the account) to make it harder for the real owner to discover the hijacking.

Wow, this scam is getting very interesting. There's no question that the account was hacked, but what about the original user? Since the original user has 700+ feedback, wouldn't he/she have found out about it, since he/she is such a frequent eBayer?
Anyways, I hope someone can come up with a clever idea to catch this person.

By the way, can't the winning bidder simply ask for the seller's contact info, such as bank account number, and stuff like that, to pretend that he is planning on sending the money?
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

Another fine example of why the tightly knit NSX community is such an invaluable resource. I would never consider purchasing a non-locar car without having it checked out by another NSX owner. The scammer would've had a much easier time pulling off this stunt with a car that doesn't have such a close following of enthusiasts.

Good job people!

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 08 December 2002).]

Has anyone new information regarding this thread?

Here is a response I recieved from the bogus seller:

Ooooooooooooooh my Gooooooooooooood, I am scareeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd.
smile.gif
))))))))))) Come on, admit it, 99% of americans don't know their own
language so go, shoot yourself, you don't have money and your're gealous
hahahaha
Car was sold and money received and it's on its way to nebraska

BYE

Why not email that person a link to this thread so he/she will learn that we are all NSX owners ALREADY and keeping a eye on his/her fraud auctions.

ANd I think he/she is the one who can't even type english well and the poor loser who do not have $ but to cheat them over ebay.

Originally posted by Hans:
Has anyone new information regarding this thread?

Here is a response I recieved from the bogus seller:

Ooooooooooooooh my Gooooooooooooood, I am scareeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd.
smile.gif
))))))))))) Come on, admit it, 99% of americans don't know their own
language so go, shoot yourself, you don't have money and your're gealous
hahahaha
Car was sold and money received and it's on its way to nebraska

BYE

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
UmmmmOK I think you should play a joke and string this eBay fraudster along. Say you wired the money and all kinds of other things.

I am in the process of doing this right now...so far she has yet to give me wire instructions...but I have agreed to her stupid stips. I have a little time on my hands to screw around with her. Keep ya'll posted as things progress. BTW...In case you wern't sure, or suspending your disbelief....this IS a scam!!

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Originally posted by Tony Montoya:
UmmmmOK I think you should play a joke and string this eBay fraudster along. Say you wired the money and all kinds of other things.

I am in the process of doing this right now...so far she has yet to give me wire instructions...but I have agreed to her stupid stips. I have a little time on my hands to screw around with her. Keep ya'll posted as things progress. BTW...In case you wern't sure, or suspending your disbelief....this IS a scam!! See below if you would like her "so she says" contact info:

susan blank
888 chippewa path
hudson, WI 54016

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

how does ebay even stay in business with BS going on like this? good lawyers i guess to help distance themselves from taking part in fraud. it seems as though as soon as someone identifies a fraud they should be required to suspend the auction or face legal action.

Tewillis:

It would be great if you send her $1.50 and then a few days later send her pictures of the actual car at different angles than the ones she had and show the VIN# (with approval from the real owner of course), and say "Wow, what a car, thanks for delivering it early!"

Back