• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EBAY Blue 1996 NSX jh4na1186tt000339 "reassigned VIN" 2BGA03222TT000339

Re: EBAY blue NSX

According to the wiki, blue was not offered until 97 which means this car was completely repainted. If it were me I would steer clear due to the title issues and the fact that it had been completely repainted(likely due to crash damage).

I am kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on it myself....I talked to the guy a lot on this...it was a bank repo in Florida way back when (like 1998 or something) then a guy in Vancouver somehow bought it cheap and imported it to Canada,,but because of the repo issue, had to get a VIN re-issue...which was done through the government...and all is now cool...he apparently had a high end body shop and had in painted in 2001 to the color that it the //NSX now was offerred in. Apparently it is a great job....no flaws, everything was removed and it was done right. The car has tonnes of upgrades, I guess because that was their business...so headers, exhaust, HID's, suspension, wheels, brakes,stereo, etc...all done....very low mileage and although there is no TB or WP replacement, for the price, it could be done and still be cheap....paint has lasted 9 years and is perfect...so its likely fine....passenger seat has a scuff, so needs re-dying in a spot....and targa weatherstripping is worn near the locking latches for targa...spend $2000 for TB and these little things and get an awesome low miler....again, I had my bid typed in, and just couldn't push enter for the same reasons as everyone else noted....I've always been searching for a "perfect" car....but those come at a "perfect" price premium...for a guy who wants a fairly daily driver, was planning on doing mods anyway, and doesn't concern themself for resale, this was a steal....was white before, and I guess was painted because he saw what a new NSX in Blue looked like and wanted to do that....prior to getting it re-vin'd.....If the person who bought it on ebay is a Primer, I would love to hear how things go with it....

Current VIN: 2BGA03222TT000339

I guess I should have given more detail:

The 96 NSX now has clean Canadian title, but has had a salvage, junk and I think a parts only title. The car has been revinned and I think repainted< I don't think that color came out until 97.

Owner claims the car was repoed from original owner and for some reason the bank recieved a junk title out of Florida and so the story goes....

Hard to run a CARFAX on it.

I called the owner up to ask more details about the car. He said that his cousin or friend bought from the States and imported it to Vancouver in Canada. He then sold it someone in Edmonton, Canada. It was then repoed there and "somehow" got a parts title to the car. He did not say that it was repo'd in Florida. I had it carfax'd and I do remember it stating that it was repo'd in Canada. I can't see a reason for it being given a parts title, unless when the bank repo'd it, it was in pieces / being fixed / undriveable. So a parts title means that you can't register it to drive.

The owner then said he bought the car from the repo and brought it back into Vancouver, Canada and couldn't register it because of the parts title.
From the time it was registered as a parts car, he said that it basically sat in his garage for years while he was waiting to see how they can get it registered to be on the road.

So the only way to have it register is to get a new VIN from the goverment. And to do this you have to basically build the car with parts from another car and 50% of the car has to be parts from the other car. So basically swapping parts between the two cars. He said he bought a damaged NSX from the states to be the donor car and swapped out parts that were not damaged from it. That's why now it currently holds an "Altered' title.

I asked about prior accident history on the car before importing it into canada and he stated that he did not know. The gauge cluster could have been swapped out for all we know.

If the story is true, it's an ok deal for the price, but he has no knowledge of the vehicle prior to importing in to Canada years ago.

Last edited:

I can't see it because the bidding has ended, but according to the history, I wouldn't touch a car like it.

this car has more history than the seller is claims. I remember looking at this NSX awhile back with the same seller but with a different vin#. seller did says the car has a salvaged title at the time. also did a vin check at the time and it shows the vehicle was a write off and repaired. I didn't keep the vin# but will try to look for it.

Original vin# jh4na1186tt000339 this vin# is already on the salvaged list.

http://global.ebay.com/Acura_NSX_nsx...426546690/item

http://findyourauto.net/Washington-V...426546690.aspx

carfax report.
<TABLE id=recordTable1 border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR id=detailsHeaderRow1 class=oddrow><TH id=dateHeader1 width="13%">Date:</TH><TH id=mileageHeader1 class=mileage width="13%">Mileage:</TH><TH id=sourceHeader1 width="24%">Source:</TH><TH id=commentsHeader1 width="50%">Comments:</TH></TR><TR id=record1 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>09/15/1996 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hollywood, FL
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Registered as lease vehicle </TD></TR><TR id=record2 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>09/16/1996 </TD><TD class=mileage>23 </TD><TD vAlign=top>Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hollywood, FL
Title #71694111
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Odometer reading reported </TD></TR><TR id=record3 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>10/07/1996 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hollywood, FL
Title #71694111
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported
Registered as lease vehicle
</TD></TR><TR id=record4 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>12/12/1996 </TD><TD class=mileage>5,044 </TD><TD vAlign=top>Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tallahassee, FL
Title #71694111
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Odometer reading reported </TD></TR><TR id=record5 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>12/16/1996 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>Florida
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Tallahassee, FL
Title #71694111
</TD><TD vAlign=top>JUNK TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
Registered as lease vehicle
Vehicle repossessed
</TD></TR><TR id=record6 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>08/07/1997 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
</TD><TD vAlign=top>SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED
</TD></TR><TR id=record7 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>09/19/1998 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>Alberta
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Calgary, AB
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Registration issued or renewed </TD></TR><TR id=record8 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>06/08/1999 </TD><TD class=mileage>3,190 </TD><TD vAlign=top>Service Facility </TD><TD vAlign=top>Vehicle serviced
INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING
Odometer reported as 5,134 kilometers
</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD class=xpertrow colSpan=4><TABLE class=xpertSmall border=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom" vAlign=bottom width=62>
foxDtl_3044.gif
</TD><TD width="100%">
xpert-details-infer-record-topper.gif

• It is hard to tell whether this reading indicates an odometer rollback or a clerical error. Confirm the mileage with the seller or a qualified mechanic.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR id=record9 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>05/03/2001 </TD><TD class=mileage>4,237 </TD><TD vAlign=top>Service Facility </TD><TD vAlign=top>Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Odometer reported as 6,819 kilometers
</TD></TR><TR id=record10 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>05/08/2003 </TD><TD class=mileage>9,320 </TD><TD vAlign=top>Vehicle Inspection Station
British Columbia
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Passed emissions inspection
Odometer reported as 15,000 kilometers
</TD></TR><TR id=record11 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>05/14/2003 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>Alberta
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Calgary, AB
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Registration issued or renewed </TD></TR><TR id=record12 class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top>11/16/2006 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>British Columbia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Registration issued or renewed </TD></TR><TR id=record13 class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top>11/21/2006 </TD><TD class=mileage></TD><TD vAlign=top>British Columbia
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Calgary, AB
</TD><TD vAlign=top>DISMANTLED TITLE ISSUED </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
Back