• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ebay good Nsx marketplace?

It looks like majority of Fcars and other exotics are going through Ebay much faster than autotrader and cars.com. Anyone have any luck on ebay or experience, I have never used ebay before? There are alot of little fees there insertion fee, gallary, final tranasaction, bold, highlight etc...

Are you looking to buy or looking to sell? I can speak as a buyer and I bought a classic Mini Cooper, a Subaru STi, my current Smart car and SUV from eBay and have been happy. Only the SUV was a local sale so I actually saw it before buying it but the others I bought site unseen. I get the impression that as a seller, the more unique the car is, it may be worth advertising on eBay since people looking for the rarer stuff will more likely look here than on say, Autotrader (which is where I advertised my NSX last year).

Agreed with the both posts. The Nsx being a none common car needs exposure.

It looks like majority of Fcars and other exotics are going through Ebay much faster than autotrader and cars.com. Anyone have any luck on ebay or experience, I have never used ebay before? There are alot of little fees there insertion fee, gallary, final tranasaction, bold, highlight etc...

I use eBay with great success for the most part (both as a buyer and a seller). 100% satifaction as a buyer, and 99% satisfaction as a seller.

My advice as a buyer: read the description carefully, and between the lines. Do not assume anything. If it does not say in the description, it is not included. Buy from sellers with a minimum of 99% feedback rating when possible. Do your home work and check the retail price of what you are buying/bidding. I see too many bidder bidding over the retail price on certain items.

My advice as a seller, be honest about your auction listing. Always ship within 24 hours of payment. list bidder eligibility (I do not ship to Italy), warranty, reply to question asap, email tracking number upon shipment (buyer really like shipment status), and also answer questions after the sale. That's how get return customers, and customers who want to buy in larger quantities direct. Looking to give up my day job.:wink:

PM me if you need more specific info on how to eBay.

my car was found on ebay(20 miles away). no matter what seller put in description. i think buyers should go visit his location to check out everything. internet deal on automobiles isn't safe. i have seen law suits for some car deals through internet.

I use eBay with great success for the most part (both as a buyer and a seller). 100% satifaction as a buyer, and 99% satisfaction as a seller.

My advice as a buyer: read the description carefully, and between the lines. Do not assume anything. If it does not say in the description, it is not included. Buy from sellers with a minimum of 99% feedback rating when possible. Do your home work and check the retail price of what you are buying/bidding. I see too many bidder bidding over the retail price on certain items.

My advice as a seller, be honest about your auction listing. Always ship within 24 hours of payment. list bidder eligibility (I do not ship to Italy), warranty, reply to question asap, email tracking number upon shipment (buyer really like shipment status), and also answer questions after the sale. That's how get return customers, and customers who want to buy in larger quantities direct. Looking to give up my day job.:wink:

PM me if you need more specific info on how to eBay.

Good advice all,

I was also looking at cars.com but seems like a waste of money for $55 when you could put anything on ebay for a few more. Anyhow its nice weather outside, lets go cruising :biggrin:

A friend of mine bought a Pcar from Florida off Ebay and it was not a good experience for him. When he received the car and the title, the title had been signed over 4 times... none of the 4 previous owners had registered the car. The A/C on the car was shot and he had to put a grand into it. I think he finally shipped it back and ate the repair bill. I don't think I would buy a car of Ebay if it werent local.

Ebay should be your last resort!

I am starting to get annoyed with newbie questions, I now understand why Fcar and lambo guys list their cars on ebay less hassle and wierdos to deal with:biggrin:

Back