• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ebay listing

dude you do find some funny sh i t thats for sure.....you should be spending that energy learning about this turbo system your never going to buy/build

ThreadDirection.jpg

jr that was some funny sh i t...should have been white94 though :)

If that is a slam directed at me, you can kiss my ass. I've given factual information: NONE OF WHICH YOU HAVE DISPUTED, none of which was attacking you, none of which as attacking anyone else, none of which was incorrect, and none of which is any of your concern.

Secondly, being that Larry was a one man shop at NSX Modified as far as I know designed by Larry Garcia = originally installed by Larry Garcia. He wasn't exactly a franchise operation. Wanted for theft is not exacty top flight, either.

Thirdly, I already SAID it was a good deal for the parts. As far as anyone buying the package off ebay, bolting it up and running on thier merry way - it is a bad idea. Some aftermarket fuel management and it could be a bargain. This is what my first post already said.

Fourthly, if you are willing to go and buy this thing for more money off ebay then go on your merry way. There is nothing stopping you, me included. To make an uninformed purchase could mean a mistake much more costly than the purchase price.

Lastly, I sure hope you don't treat people like this to their face. I sure don't. Happy holidays.

Mark,

You think this setup would work best with an AEM FMU or another stand-alone unit. I'm currently the high bid and was wondering what else you thought was required? Seems like a great deal...

I'm sure you will be fine if with aftermarket FMU.

Let me know if you want to sell the comptech.

This thread is getting hot already... but let me cool you all fellas... this is what i got with the right tuning on RWHP @ only 7 psi

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=29478&ppuser=11119

Flat torque curve with top end climbing up. This thread is about this supercharger and if kid wants this or any other prime member, lets give them the help they need and not the bickoring and all that BS you guys are doing to this thread... Prime is about helping out NSXERS and not digging on some BS... I will be honest... I didn't get this much HP (Mustang dyno) from you guys bit**ing but I got it form the guys who are willing to lend their hand and help out... my next tune is coming up with 13 PSI pulley and I wont dissapoint those fellas who helped me out... EOD.... you guys with smart ass comment about this, F y'all...

nickster,

since you are planning on dropping 15k for a turbo setup, you should just go for this one. save yourself some serious cash. seriously. anyone who is thinking FI sould consider this setup. has a cooler. just needs a good tune.

I've had 378 rwhp for the last 36000 miles with this setup. using the split second box. and I didn't need to spend 15k on a turbo setup. the only downside is a relative lack of torque vs. the turbo.

as for stuff on ebay for the nsx...that's a pretty dumb statement. I've spent tens of thousands ebay. no regrets.

Its funny how many new know it all we have on prime...that just pass on old old info and say it like they know its true for sure.....We use to have alot guys that actually knew what they were doing and shared thier findings with us now and always had an open mind. But now its just the age of the new owners is going younger hence the idiotic bull we have to put up with. There use to be alot of new info all the time, now all the same talk new threads nothing new, just old info being used as the standards from people who never worked on cars and just like to repeat what they read with authority so no one questions them.

ok MJK, I didn’t bash you silly fool...didn’t you see the smile face...that was not meant as to be laughing at you.... sorry if your taking it that way...and while he would be FINE with the FMU, he would be BETTER with a ECU... your right I really didn’t debate any of your comments...except for the Larry stuff, and I did that by asking if it was YOU that had the issue or just something you heard about…yet you still took that as an attack..??.. FWIW I think we have met....

Jack, that’s awesome...that’s exactly where it should be!! Every math equation you can run says that 400hp should be reached with 6.8 psi on a 3.0. Sounds like you are right on track...not sure why your post is so hostel as no one was debating you or your achievements...
as far as the bit*hing comment and lending a hand, I hope that that was not directed at myself....I feel that I have helped many on here, with many FI problems...I don’t read any of the other topics really, just the FI cause that what I know...

Nick...dude you went off the deep end. I am sorry if you, like MJK didn’t see the little smiley face, or took its meaning wrong....all of this started out as fun ribbing…..and it wasn’t even started by me you idiot !!!
As far as buy from eBay, your choice..
as far as spending 15K for a turbo setup.....if I were you, I would buy one from someone who has already built one, or two turbo NSX's before dropping that much coin....15K gets you a lovefab, which while I think its overpriced, it is proven and Cody does stand behind the thing....
the only real reason NOT to buy a proven one is to do it different or do it cheaper and thus far...sounds like you and your guy are doing neither.. FWIW, I built my turbo for $7200, not including the engine build and have sold a couple of the hot side configurations….

I am really sorry this thread has gone so off topic, im sorry for the FI community and im sorry for the seller of the item. Maybe someone will get a deal on it now. You just have to KNOW what you’re buying.

When I bought my car off eBay (my second NSX) it had the same controversy surrounding it. It was an old race/daily driver car that was sponsored by Dali. It had done one lap a couple times, gumball and a few other big races. The guy posted the eBay add with the pics from the races, all stickered up and such, with a big wing and small wheels. Everything you would want to drive fast and nothing to look good. People on this forum went CRAZY!!! what a joke of a car, how riced out car you be, etc etc. no one took the time to read the item list of what was on the car ad what came with the car. Consequently no one bid on the car, or went very low. I ended up getting it in early 05, with about 68xxx miles for 31K, it is a 93. I then took the whole pickup truck worth of extra parts and started selling them off. Then I took off all the stuff I didn’t want and started selling that stuff. I have since “made” about $21000 from selling off all that stuff. So I am into this NSX for about 10 grand…. eBay can be a GREAT thing if you know what you’re looking at.

nickster,

since you are planning on dropping 15k for a turbo setup, you should just go for this one. save yourself some serious cash. seriously. anyone who is thinking FI sould consider this setup. has a cooler. just needs a good tune.

I've had 378 rwhp for the last 36000 miles with this setup. using the split second box. and I didn't need to spend 15k on a turbo setup. the only downside is a relative lack of torque vs. the turbo.

as for stuff on ebay for the nsx...that's a pretty dumb statement. I've spent tens of thousands ebay. no regrets.

That was supercharger not a turbo kit, I could drop 15k on a turbo if I want, and most likely will end up doing that, but I will have 500+hp according to my tuner just depends on what the boost will be set at. As I said in an earlier post, you won't find me purchasing anything from EBAY for the NSX and you really shouldn't either unless its small minor parts, not turbo kits and superchargers...

Jack, that’s awesome...that’s exactly where it should be!! Every math equation you can run says that 400hp should be reached with 6.8 psi on a 3.0. Sounds like you are right on track...not sure why your post is so hostel as no one was debating you or your achievements...
as far as the bit*hing comment and lending a hand, I hope that that was not directed at myself....I feel that I have helped many on here, with many FI problems...I don’t read any of the other topics really, just the FI cause that what I know...
Well this thread is about supercharger and just like you said, i'm trying to take them to the right track. Please BRO... don't hate, im not selfish with the info that I have achieved... I'm pretty sure youre not but. I do know that you have helped a lot of people with turbo setup but at the same time, i feel like me and the people with superchargers are being be-littled by people like you who has a vast knpwledge with turbo. I would like to be on your level at one day being the guru on turbo NSX. Turbo will always be powerful but people who opt for supercharger with less budget should be respected also. We didnt want our supechargers to come from MUSTANG but the boost sure do work efficiently with NSX with the right tuning. Im sorry if I step on your toes but I think you stepped on mine first. No one was debating on my achievement but like I told you, sharing my knowledge from experience should help out other people who want supercharger as their set up... I'm sorry if this is pretty harsh for you. Me, I dont really give a sh!t but i will still help out. MERRY X MAS and PEACE BE ON PRIME!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Centifrical setup doesn't make sense on the nsx. It provides most of the power at the top end of the rev range, little power down low and annoying supercharger whine. I have a centrifcal setup on one of my cars. (it was used due to packaging - space) The boostzilla was based (COPY) of the design of the realtime racing (peter cunningham) nsx. the problem was when mark first tried the realtime setup the power was all at the top and the car was not very drivable. So if you want to be able to brag and say that you have 430 hp, then this kit is for you. Problem is that while you are bragging about power you will be not bragging about the fact that your car will be slower then a ct or turbo nsx with only 370 hp, and you will have the annoying whine. To the kid, your ct setup has more power under the curve then this will produce unless you up the boost to levels that could damage your stock cast pistons. To s4, your posts to nick are very personal in nature, what kind of response where you expecting? (i don't know either of you..just an observation) I certainly am not trying to get in the middle of a debate, it is christmas for heavens sake.

Well this thread is about supercharger and just like you said, i'm trying to take them to the right track. Please BRO... don't hate, im not selfish with the info that I have achieved... I'm pretty sure youre not but. I do know that you have helped a lot of people with turbo setup but at the same time, i feel like me and the people with superchargers are being be-littled by people like you who has a vast knpwledge with turbo. I would like to be on your level at one day being the guru on turbo NSX. Turbo will always be powerful but people who opt for supercharger with less budget should be respected also. We didnt want our supechargers to come from MUSTANG but the boost sure do work efficiently with NSX with the right tuning. Im sorry if I step on your toes but I think you stepped on mine first. No one was debating on my achievement but like I told you, sharing my knowledge from experience should help out other people who want supercharger as their set up... I'm sorry if this is pretty harsh for you. Me, I dont really give a sh!t but i will still help out. MERRY X MAS and PEACE BE ON PRIME!:biggrin:

yeah i like SCalso...i have a SC'edbmw X5...just think for the NSx, turbo is cool...and dude, im actually saying the SC in the add is a great deal and that someone should buy it!!!????!!!
not sure what your talking about

Centifrical setup doesn't make sense on the nsx. It provides most of the power at the top end of the rev range, little power down low and annoying supercharger whine. I have a centrifcal setup on one of my cars. (it was used due to packaging - space) The boostzilla was based (COPY) of the design of the realtime racing (peter cunningham) nsx. the problem was when mark first tried the realtime setup the power was all at the top and the car was not very drivable. So if you want to be able to brag and say that you have 430 hp, then this kit is for you. Problem is that while you are bragging about power you will be not bragging about the fact that your car will be slower then a ct or turbo nsx with only 370 hp, and you will have the annoying whine. To the kid, your ct setup has more power under the curve then this will produce unless you up the boost to levels that could damage your stock cast pistons. To s4, your posts to nick are very personal in nature, what kind of response where you expecting? (i don't know either of you..just an observation) I certainly am not trying to get in the middle of a debate, it is christmas for heavens sake.

Look hater, Im not trying to brag on my set up... and I did post mine politely and saying that what ever you do CT, BBSC, turbo, just do it right. EMS, Fuel/air/oil system, the works... Which I'm sure who ever will get this one should. For you, centrifugal doesn't make any sense but ask RacerX-21. He made a lot of sense on centrifugal SC for NSX. Yes CT is big on low end and centrifugal is on top, turbo is pretty much all across the board hands down. centrifugal 3-4k... CT more than 7-8 k and turbo not sure, 6-12 k maybe?... trust me if the market for turbo were much affordable, i would have bought one. And yes, you trying to pull this on me on christmas day. I wish I did not post my dyno at all but my intention was that with the right working system, even with low boost, you can gain a lot. Your post is personal in nature and you should slap your face for that but its christmas so dont do that to your self. Don't hate, appreciate.... once again fellas, FELIZ NAVIDAD:biggrin:

this kit definitly does not look like something you can just bolt on and run.

i would look long and hard at fueling + serious tuning....

im old school tho when it comes to proper fuel and proper tuning. 2 things you cant skimp on.

i believe with this kit your still looking at at least 2-3K in engine mangement and fuel + tuning to get the car to run safely.

no to mention install cost.:eek:

Nsx4jack,

when i posted my response I DID NOT REALIZE THAT you had posted your dyno of a similiar setup. So when i stated that this setup was for those that wanted to brag about high hp numbers i cetainly was not referring to you (or anyone in particular).

funny thing is now i feel that i was totally correct, with your response to my post (that was not directed at you) where you call me a hater.

Merry Christmas.

Nsx4jack,

when i posted my response I DID NOT REALIZE THAT you had posted your dyno of a similiar setup. So when i stated that this setup was for those that wanted to brag about high hp numbers i cetainly was not referring to you (or anyone in particular).

funny thing is now i feel that i was totally correct, with your response to my post (that was not directed at you) where you call me a hater.

Merry Christmas.
you are right with your post. Low end SC with top end NSX is a stelar combination but 8-10 k for that setup, ouch.... BBSC is way cheaper but I think its a good set up also.... please dont say that it doesn't make sense with centrifugal set up. By the way, hows comptech (centrifugal) SC on S2000. I wanted to put one on mine but everything is going with the NSX for now. Sorry if I called you hater but I think your set up and my set up do have their ups and downs. :redface:
Merry NSX mas...:biggrin:

Jack,
No problem!

I have the comptech setup on my s2k and i don't think it is that great. (not bad, just not that great). The s2000 really needs help down low and the comptech setup really only helps between 6-9K rpm. to try to fix the problem down low i lowered the gear ratio from 4.1 to 4.44 but a turbo would have been a better solution. We are hopeful that the greddy turbo will be the fix and they say they will carb compliant. (i'm in california and won't make my car illegal so carb compliance for me is important).

thanks

thanks for the advice on S2k. I'll keep that in mind when I get my hands on it. I like the turbo on S2k but the comptech supercharger makes the engine looks like a killer. Mybad for side tracking but I think This supercharger with low gear ratio i.e 4.23 or 4.44 would be a nice combo. With right tuning and gearing, 13 PSI on this one should be nice...:biggrin:

That was supercharger not a turbo kitPERIOD, I could drop 15k on a turbo if I want, and most likely will end up doing thatPERIOD, but <--DELETE THAT After that, I will have 500+hp according to my tuner , it just depends on what the boost will be set at. As I said in an earlier post, you won't find me purchasing anything from EBAY for the NSX and you really shouldn't either unless its small minor parts, not turbo kits and superchargers...

Nickenheimer, please avoid massive run on sentences, I get a headache.

If you are going to get 500hp you will need an engine build to get more than a few hundred miles out of it. Regardless of your source of power. What is it about that Ebay set-up makes you think 500hp is impossible? Devin and Armando both posted setups with mid-500 whp (which of course means well over 600 crank hp). And there was someone else whose handle I don't recall. He had a massive air/air intercooler for the bbsc. Andy Vecsey had 430-440 rwhp...which is also more than 500 crank hp.
I'm still wavering on whether or not I should up my boost. Right now, I'm running 8 psi and getting about 430 crank hp (380ish at the wheels). However, that would most likely mean a better EMS and built engine.

Happy Kwanzaa.

Back