• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EGR_NITROUS

I’m looking at my Intake manifold for the realestate to install a professional looking fogger system. The EGR system has 6 perfect locations that are welded shut from the factory. If I mill them down, I would have to re-engineer the EGR path, or eliminate the EGR completely.
Has anybody eliminated the EGR? And did you experience any ill effects?

Originally posted by David:
NOS now sells a widget that injects the fuel and N2O in the same place the injectors go. Looks pretty cool and you don't have to tap the intake manifold.

They are called NOSZEL's, but they work with the Bosch standard (size), and they don’t fit the Keihin standard in our NSX's. (That’s straight from NOS)

What a waste. Direct port is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unnecessary. A single Fogger is good up to 250hp. They are efficient. Are you planning on using more than 150hp? Also removing the EGR system is pretty invlved. - to do it right.

Although, I do appreciate the value of looks. Sometimes performance is just "looking" cool. I'm guilty of that.

i have rm racing standard setup i was thinking of going with a bigger shot he said theyt set the 70 rear wheel horsepower to be the best for the car if i went bigger would i have to upgrade the fuel i would like maybe 100 rear wheel horsepower.

Originally posted by nsxlr8:
What a waste. Direct port is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unnecessary.

Bruce,

This is one of the few things we disagree on regarding N2O. I like direct port setups for big shots. I guess it is because I have so many friends who drag race with N2O motors and they all prefer direct port. It really isn't that hard to plumb (once you've done it a few times) and it ensures even distribution.

But, as long as it is a wet kit, I won't bitch too much.............

What a waste. Direct port is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unnecessary. A single Fogger is good up to 250hp. They are efficient. Are you planning on using more than 150hp? Also removing the EGR system is pretty invlved. - to do it right.

Although, I do appreciate the value of looks. Sometimes performance is just "looking" cool. I'm guilty of that.
I have never been comfortable with a pre plenum system over 125 HP on a V8, so I rounded down to 100 Hp on my V6. I would just be worried about even distribution over that mark.

It’s been a while since I asked the EGR question, so went ahead and milled the EGR system off the manifold and ported it. It’s going to look great… I wont be done until the weekend because I chose to design an all inclusive distribution rail down the center. The rail will have separate passages for the fuel and the NO2; this will give a cleaner look and allow me to engrave something in the top. The flowing NOS will also cool the fuel, as if I needed more performance.

Though capable of more, I only plan to use 150 HP until I can afford a dedicated NSX for racing.

If I have computer problems with the missing EGR, I can direct port it with something easier/smaller than a “Y” shaped fogger nozzle. I can even use 90-degree fittings to avoid the injectors.

I am really impressed with the engineering that went into my NSX, and I’m seriously considering taking some of my time to develop performance parts. A sheet metal manifold will allow me to adapt a different throttle body, Bosch style injectors, a higher end Pro charger and I’m partial to the F.A.S.T. management system.

Monday, when I’m done with the fogger system, I will post some pictures.

Originally posted by NSXEE:
A sheet metal manifold will allow me to adapt a different throttle body, Bosch style injectors, a higher end Pro charger and I’m partial to the F.A.S.T. management system.

I have been thinking about a sheet metal intake for the same reason. Let me know if you do one. There are so many large bore billet throttle bodies available for the domestic market and they are inexpensive. Also, you could design the runners to the exact length you wanted.

"But, as long as it is a wet kit, I won't bitch too much............."

Absolutely. ONLY WET.

I guess I am spoiled by the NSX. It seems to give me what I want no matter how I ask for it.

I love this car. : )

"But, as long as it is a wet kit, I won't bitch too much............."

Absolutely. ONLY WET.

I guess I am spoiled by the NSX. It seems to give me what I want no matter how I ask for it.

I love this car. : )

Have you used all 250hp at one time? wasn't is 100 on one and 150 on the other?

Yes, I have. Both stages are set by an arming switch. neither will activate unless I'm at full throttle. The first stage will activate as soon as full throttle is reached. (I've masters 9/10 throttle starts and then the rest of the way when the tires hook) the second stage kicks in (WHILE THE FIRST STAGE IS SPRAYING) when I push a button. (Steering wheel) this goes through a seperate fogger nozzle. This totals 250 total hp at one time. I can only use this (Stage II) at the top of second gear - Drag tires only) and third gear, and fourth gear.

My gaskets were pretty muched finished off after that. 140K miles. about 400 runs on a 150 shot and numerous track events. I think they lasted long enough. Just recently, I had everything set up for the run of my life. I was driving on the way to the Local track to get time slip to post and brag about. Welll..... Life has a way of shutting ya down. I wrecked the car on the way there. Smacked the front end enough to bend the frame a little. I'm out of commision for awhile. Oh well. That's life, like it or not. I WILL video and post as soon as I get to make that run. Maybe we'll all get to see what a NSX looks like blowing up on Ntirous! I just don't care anymore. I build it better if it does.

If anyone wants to look at the kit. just download this video. http://videos.dubspeedracing.com/zerin/jan_20_02/

Copy and past. Click on scene 21. My car is the red one with stock '94 rims. The NOS setup gets a closeup at the very end of the video.

this videos been on this post before, but I don't think anyones familiar with who we are. - Down here in Houston.

[This message has been edited by nsxlr8 (edited 06 May 2002).]

Back