• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach Pro-Kit + Bilstein shock combo - reviews requested

Who has it? Love to see pics. Is there any sagging after a few years? Is H&R a better alternative?

My main use for the NSX is hitting up fun roads and maybe 1-2 (max) HPDE days an year, but not this year.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have that combo and have had it for quite a few years (~7 years), Bilsteins on the upper (OEM) perch. There is definitely some sagging after the years. The car is pretty low now, looks great IMO. Here's how it looks now. There's basically no fender gap
DSC01270_zpsca4c6618.jpg

DSC01287_zpscda1c593.jpg

The suspension is definitely a compromise suspension. You get a great look and decent handling, fairly good ride for cruising down the highway. I've done a number of track days on mine and it's well controlled, predictable, it leans quite a bit (and I have the Type-R front swaybar), but is graceful in its transfer of load from one side to the other. A number of others have driven it and like how it handles.

Because of the progressive rate springs you'll notice a lot of initial compression until it firms up solid. Overall I like it.. maybe because I'm used to it.
Here's some aggressive pictures of an autocross I did with other wheels/tires, so you can see the lean. Keep in mind we were doing a huge circular skidpad at the very edge of tire grip, so it was around 0.9 to 1g lateral.
20110716-dsc_7005.jpg

20110716-dsc_7008.jpg

I had the H&R springs and koni yellow combo back before there were too many options ie 97-98......not bad with R comps..but the low ride height can present bump steer issues and you don't get to fully use all the damper because of the length of the standard generic koni shock with the short springs....but the look is all the rage with little fender gap.

Eibachs sag. Dali's sag less but may not be available. Best lowering spring available for the Bils/Konis is the Swift Sport Mach. I had the Comptech Sport springs on Konis and had a similar experience to docjohn. You may want to just use your stock NSX springs on the lower perch- it's about the same lowering as Eibach and is a linear rate. To look really racy, you could have your stock springs powdercoated metallic blue to match the Bilsteins. :D If I did not have my coilovers, that is what I would do.

I am already on Bilstein lower perch currently. A little sag is OK, as long as it is not uneven :)

Back