• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eibach Spring Question

Just had 4 new Eibach springs installed. Lowered 1 ¼. Sounds like the front now has a “clunk” when hitting a bump briskly. Could the springs not be “seating" properly? Is this typical when lowered? Just sounds like something isn’t tight.

Thoughts?

thanks

ACD

something isn't tight.

I just lowered my 03 on eibachs myself, and I haven't done any suspension work in 10years. I took about 4 hours...NO CLUNKS. feel free to PM me.:wink:

Thanks.. to both of you.. will follow up and make sure that the all components are in..

think I'll just rais it up on stands over the long weekend and take a look.

Appreciate the feedback.

acd

PS kept my stock shocks on
Raised the car and couldn't find anything to indicate the sound. All bumpers and hardware seem to be in place. Do you think the shocks themselves could cause the noise?

AC

Blown Shocks?

2 years ago I lowered my friend’s Accord with Eibach springs.
Before the car was lowered, the test drive was fine and quiet..... Then after install test drive it was also fine and was also quiet.
After a month being lowered with OEM shocks my friend complained about some knocking sounds when running over bumps or road imperfections. We then checked all bolts and was fine. We resulted in pulling out the shocks and found the front right (passenger) was blown. We then replaced all 4 corners with Tokico's... been fine since....

Perhaps one of your shocks maybe blown even right before the spring install. Might be time to get some new shocks.

good luck :smile

Last edited:
:confused: I thinking this could be it.. Actually, the scenerio is identical. Passenger side and all.

I'm going to keep an eye on it, but suspect I'll do shocks all 4 corners if it keeps up.

thanks.. I do love the look!front left-small.jpg

ACD

Don't know about the NSX, but when I lowered my old S2000 with Neuspeed spirings, I had a clunking noise from the front. I jacked the left control arm up and got the noise to occur. Found it to be the sway bar popping. Just gave it a few turns and it went away.

now that's a thought.. but it sounds to be more solid then a sway bar..however it's worth a try

Back