• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electric Supercharger?? Funny!

You should click on the more pictures address on EBAY. The wiring diagram for this thing is a joke. The on/off switch is wired to short the car battery to ground and the electric turbo is wired to run all the time. I think the whole thing is a scam:cool: . It's just a heater blower motor.

That's kind of an interesting idea, if it truly flows the claimed 250 cfm of air. It says its wired to a switch for on/off power...so I take it you don't want the switch "on" when your idling, etc, as it would supposedly be attempting to ram 250 cfm of air against your closed throttle blade. In fact, it sounds like a recipe for leaning your mixture, if its an instant 250 cfm of air, rather than a gradual onset of boost. It would be cool to have a multi stage onset of air blown, perhaps linked to throttle position and rpm. I wouldn't be surprised if it produces a mild performance increase if used almost like a nitrous button. I'd just be afraid to have it running all the time, since its not rpm driven like a supercharger, or exhuast gas driven like a turbo.

Also makes me wonder if the turbine poses a restriction to normal intake of air when the system is not in powered on.

Unfortunitaly the laws of physics get in the way once again.
Sorry folks, this isnt possible.

The force needed to push air into the system is far more then a 12volt electric motor can generate.

Thank you. Maybe a much, much bigger battery. 2 amps @ 12 volts = .03 HP. A real supercharger takes on the order of 25 HP, depending on type and size. Even a big block starter motor won't put out more than about 5 HP and at that point the voltage is dropping and lights are dimming.

jond said:
Unfortunitaly the laws of physics get in the way once again.
Sorry folks, this isnt possible.

The force needed to push air into the system is far more then a 12volt electric motor can generate.

yea, you need a trunk full of batteries like this

http://www.turbomagazine.com/tech/0406tur_knight/

http://www.boosthead.com/home.php

some of this stuff is just rediculous...

well, that and everybody I know that bought anything from him got complete garbage in a box shipped to them haha

Back