• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electrical Wiring Q on Side Markers

The markers on fender...anyone know how
to rewire them so that they only turn on
when you when are using the signals?

I installed some PIAA "HID" Wege bulbs and it looks werid when the side orange lights are on at the sametime.

Thanks

There is most likely two wires going to the side markers, a positive wire and a negative wire. Use a test light to determine which one is +12v, and cut it a few inches from the light. Then, add a foot or so of wire to the light side wire and run it to the back of the parking light, where you will want to splice (not cut) into the +12v that feeds that light; use your test light here also. This will need to be done on both side of the car. Don't forget to cover/protect the orignal +12v supply for the side markers. Don't want it touching anything and shorting out.

While we are on the subject of lights. Does anyone know how to replace the driver's side parking light next to the directional? I can't for the life of me figure out how to get in there without removing the headlight. I tried accessing it via the fog lamp opening, but it is cover with plastic it appears. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know how to replace the driver's side parking light next to the directional?

Doesn't it tell in the owner's manual?

Thanks, I didn't think to look in the owner's manual. I just ordered my repair manual and it has not come in yet. Haven't spoken to an NSX owner that has replaced that stupid bulb yet. I guess it's not that common of a repair??

Thanks again

Titanium,
To change the bulb all you have to do is get a long philips head screw dirver and under the lens assembly in the bumper there is a hole. Insert the screwdriver all the way up and you should feel the screw, it is about 10mm long. After you unscrew it, the lens rotats outward and you can change the bulb. It should take no more than 15 minutes.

Back