• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Electronic Power Steering - Fixed!!!

Thanks to ZENNSX for repairing my EPS control module "box"!
My '96 NSX had the EPS light coming on and I would lose power steering.
I did the "pull the clock fuse" reset thing, which would make the EPS light
go out again, and I would regain power steering for a couple of short trips.
But then, the light would come on again and I'd loose power steering again.
I put in a new battery and cleaned all the cables, thinking that this could be the problem. No such luck. Then I read about the possible "weak relays" in the EPS control box. The dealer wanted approx. $1,500.00 for a new control box. Robbery! I pulled out the box, sent it to ZENNSX, and within a week, got the box back, re-installed it, and so far (knock on wood) no EPS light and power steering is back!!! Woo Hoo!!! I would highly recommend ZENNSX for this fix. Thanks!

I have 2 EPS units spare , whats your error code ?

thats awesome. . my eps light is on too. . .botherin the crap ata me, but then again. . its been on for like eight months :eek:) they too, told me it'd be 1500 at the dealership. . but where is it. .how do u take the box out, and how much did zennex charge. . [email protected]

havent checked on the error code. . just does the similar stuff the other guys are talkin bout. . pullin that fuse out worked for a while. .would last weeks, for about 4 months,. . now when i do it, it last few seconds, , , , , im assuming ur not being generous and giving those spare eps units out :eek:) so how much, and would those unit solve my problem? thanx man

for those that want to fix the eps prob, i too, would recommend zennsx. . he can fix it for 150 bucks plus shipping. .but as i was in the process of removing my eps unit from under the floorboard, i realized that all u have to do is disconnect the plugs from the eps unit, without having to remove the whole eps unit. .its a half ass way that removes that annoying eps light, and tends to be a little bit lighter to steer in the low gears. . .so for me, it got ridda that light, and seems to drive a lil easierc. . ive been fighting that steering wheel in low gears for like 8 months. . again, it tends to be a bit lighter.. . .now that i did that, i wonder why they put that eps unit in there in the first place. . prob to get 1500 outta us down the road :eek:)

ok, maybe i am misunderstanding this or maybe i just don't know- when you remove/disable the eps box, the power steering still works?

ok, maybe i am misunderstanding this or maybe i just don't know- when you remove/disable the eps box, the power steering still works?

No EPS computer = no EPS. Without the computer you will not have power steering, just manual steering.

The EPS "box" is under the passenger footwell.
Pull back the carpet, then remove the aluminum panel,
then remove the "sub-woofer" speaker enclosure, then...
there it is! Unplug the wiring harnesses to it (3 of them) and
remove the entire box.

Kind of a pain in the ass, but it beats having the dealer do it for
$1,500 plus labor.

No EPS computer = no EPS. Without the computer you will not have power steering, just manual steering.

thats what the common sense would dictate. i was responding / questioning this statement:

"...i realized that all u have to do is disconnect the plugs from the eps unit, without having to remove the whole eps unit. .its a half ass way that removes that annoying eps light, and tends to be a little bit lighter to steer in the low gears. "

Back