• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Email change

I'm losing my current email address on file with prime, and i attempted to switch it over to my gmail or hotmail acct and a vbulletin message came up saying that address was banned.
Any ideas?

Ojas said:
Look here for an explanation of why this is occurring, as well as how to contact the administrator to have your email address changed.
Awesome, thanks for the help ojas.
fortunately i dont think the nazi hangs out in this corner of the forums... :smile:

User Admin Request

Who is doing User admin?

I'm trying to change out my email address, but it says "address banned".

Now, I did eff up my original change because I could not rememember my password. It tells me the address is banned.

NP. So I go through the password recovery process and try and change to another email handle at the same domain as the one banned...it too is banned.

Can somebody UN-eff my desired destination address domain (gmail.com)?

Thanks

Drew

drew said:
Who is doing User admin?
Lud, whom you can contact by following the instructions here (but read on).

drew said:
Can somebody UN-eff my desired destination address domain (gmail.com)?
NSXprime does not allow registration using e-mail addresses from freemail domains like hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc. When you register, you must agree to the rules, which include this one (read all the way through to the last sentence regarding exceptions):

11. FREE WEB-BASED E-MAIL ADDRESSES: You cannot register an account on this site with a free web-based e-mail address like hotmail.com, yahoo.com, etc. Any account registered with any "free" e-mail or forwarded address not automatically prevented by the system is subject to being disabled without notice. If you are concerned about your privacy, you can choose to have your e-mail address hidden from other users when you register. The site administrator will not give out your e-mail or other information. If you absolutely have no way to get an e-mail address that is not on the "ban list," please e-mail me explaining your situation and specifing what user name you would like to register with and I'll be happy to work with you on a case-by-case basis.

Re: User Admin Request

Thanks. I did not know that...

I figured it was because I triggered a "guessing" rule.

I'll try emailing Lud and see what can be done.

Thanks

Drew

Gmail not for Prime?

Why can't I register my gmail account on prime? Anybody know?

Re: Gmail not for Prime?

Click here for a relevent thread from a couple of days ago. Gmail address, like yahoo addresses (etc.) are not accepted by default. However, you can email the NSXPrime Administrator and kindly request that it be accepted.

-Randy

Re: Gmail not for Prime?

Cool, thanks!

FuryNSX said:
Click here for a relevent thread from a couple of days ago. Gmail address, like yahoo addresses (etc.) are not accepted by default. However, you can email the NSXPrime Administrator and kindly request that it be accepted.

-Randy

need to speak with GM or administrator

I have been registered with nsxprime for quite some time and changed from satellite internet to Quest which uses no ISP--I use the Google browser and so use their email now but the system won't allow the change...I looked at the forum site and saw no way to email NSXPRIME to discuss same as he suggests and his public view info has him as 11 years old and so it appears it has been hacked. Cannot send a PM either. Just want to change my email from [email protected] to [email protected].

Re: need to speak with GM or administrator

Not going to happen. Site won't take Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, or the sort.

If u check the member list and go to lud or nsxprime u will see they have no contact info--whereas if u go to my name there are 4 ways to contact me-excluding email currently as the email address is no longer correct.

Considering that Quest uses no ISP and that Google is a favored browser these days maybe this spam thing should be reviewed. I don't even know why spam is an issue these days with the controls put on it--I certainly have no spam issues with the controls windows, internet explorer and gmail itself have in place.

I see no way to do as u indicate--perhaps I will search for a prior post by one of them and see if I can respond using a PM. I found post by lud doing a search from member's list and same as nsxprime--can't send him a pm or an email -zip--the only contact info is THIS forum

Last edited:

Do a private message and enter the recipent as LUD or NSXPRIME.

As far as I can tell, Lud doesn't accept PMs.

[e-mail address deleted] ah now I was given this as the email address for lud--which ALSO happens to be a gmail address---now isn't that interesting. Maybe he uses Quest also and finds the Google main page more effective and so also uses gmail like me.

When you say Quest doesn't use an ISP, do you mean they don't run a email server for their customers? That's pretty cheap of them. Not everyone would be happy with just web based email (I know I wouldn't).

1. Posting here is the correct way to contact me about something like this.

2. The other way to contact me is cleverly hidden using the "Contact" part of the navigation bar at the top right of every page on the site.

3. Ben is correct, I have disabled PM because I find it very cumbersome compared to e-mail.

4. Gmail is not accepted for user account registration, as explained if you follow the Message Forum Account Help link from the "Contact" page. If you have further questions about this please read that Account Help page.

5. Please don't post the contact e-mail address in a message; doing so draws a ton of spam. That's the reason I use the form instead of just putting the e-mail address directly on the Contact page. I have edited it out of your message.

6. This account hasn't been "hacked," it shows 11 years old because that's the age of this website.

7. If you are talking about Qwest internet service (qwest.net), last time I looked they (and every other major ISP) provide e-mail accounts with their Internet service.

sorry but Quest is not an isp--they provide direct internet access via internet explorer--Further, I am not seeking registration to nsxprime--I have been registered since 2003. I did read your post in the forum indicated and u said to contact u via email to discuss the matter which is what I attempted to do.

There is nothing wrong with gmail or u wouldn't be using it yourself--basically all the email services are free to a certain extent if one already has an internet provider. Thus, I could use aol for example cause I already have internet access but if I needed internet access then aol would charge. Ditto for MSN etc etc. But Google has a nice search engine and it's just simpler to use that provided service which will NOT be free once I reach 7204mb of data. A person would be foolish to pay for email service when so many of the isp's offer limited free service to those who already have internet access via other means.

Obviously I am not a spammer as I use my real name in my email address and the vast majority of ppl who use any email service free or otherwise are not spammers

sorry but Quest is not an isp--they provide direct internet access via internet explorer--

I think you have some terms confused. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_service_provider for more info on this.

As to the specific issue at hand, gmail and other free webmail are not accepted for user accounts here for reasons more involved than simply deterring spammer registration. That's really all there is to it.

Well I have emailed Qwest to see why they didn't offer me email service upon sign-up... As I said I don't log into Qwest to get onto the internet. I simply boot up my computer and go straight to the internet via internet explorer.

Assuming you aren't on dial up, nobody logs into anything to access the internet. Even that is just dial the right # & wait to connect, no log in.

Internet Explorer is a program that browses the web for you. Like flipping on a light switch that the electricity goes through. You can use IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Netscape (remember them?) etc. as the browser, but these are not your service provider, just a program to use the service.

Your electricity provider does not equal light switch. A Uniden telephone does not equal AT&T landline phone service. The water company does not equal faucet. Get the idea? Every ISP gives their subscribers email addresses. Like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. I am sure if you go the qwest homepage or call their customer service they can direct you toward a webmail page they provide that will allow you to set up [email protected] or something like that.

Lud requires a real ISP provided email address like I just mentioned, not hotmail or gmail or yahoo email to keep every schmuck in the universe from signing up with no verifiable location or identity.

Well I have emailed Qwest to see why they didn't offer me email service upon sign-up... As I said I don't log into Qwest to get onto the internet. I simply boot up my computer and go straight to the internet via internet explorer.

Last edited:

Yes I know internet explorer is a browser and I have a choice of same but when I had a dial up connection I used to have to log in with the isp first etc. Qwest is a highspeed broadband connection.

Maybe gmail has evolved since u last looked at it because I had to create an account to use gmail which included my real name, address and email confirmation etc... They have privacy practices and reps that handle abuse etc etc. They practice the Safe Harbor thing.

At any rate, I have already sent an email Qwest as I saw nothing on sign-up on using a Qwest email address... But I think you are incorrect about gmail and might want to check their support area.

Back