• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Emissions warranty question for 98 NSX

Hi I have a 98 that the check engine lite has come on and it should be an emissions malfunction, I checked the FAQ but couldn't find the info I need as far as time&milage for emissions warranty,is it 7years 70K miles? My car has 68K miles on it I found in the service bulletin section that for the 97 and earlier cars emissions warr. was extended to 14 yrs 150K miles. Thanks, Doug

There are some sensors that are covered 5/50 and some that are covered 7/70. You need to find out what code is in the ECU and call the dealer or take it to them and they will charge you to diagnose the problem. If it is a covered item they will take care of it at no charge.

Bruce

Hi Bruce I found my warranty book at home and saw the info you gave me, Ive taking it in on 5/3 to have it checked out. I wish you were alittle closer to me Ive heard good things about you. Regards Doug

The 96 and 97 cars had the emissions warranty extension to 150k. The 98's had one also, but it was only 7/70 as Bruce noted.
Also if any of you have a 96 or 97 NSX and want some free plugs, coils, and an oil change, take it in for the 75k to 150k emissions inspection and tell them you'd like to get the emissions kit installed. It's free and covered by warranty. BUT, the car has to have 75k + miles on it. Just thought some of you could take advantage of some free stuff from Momma Honda.
Barn Man...

Back