• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine codes: 10, 44, 36, 16

I was looking forward to driving my '92 on the weekend but it was not to be! It had sat for a month and a half under cover in the backyard with my boxer-pitbull so I expected it would sputter on the first start.

1) Start car. Engine idle is rough. Check engine light is on. First curse word.
2) Open engine bay. Notice recent presence of rats. Second curse word.
3) Call the GF tell her no Sunday drive. Third curse word but from her this time.
4) Wake up to dead rat on back doorstep. GOOD PUPPY! :biggrin: Leftover turkey for you this morning.
5) Retrieve engine codes: 10, curse, 44, curse, 36, curse, 16, curse.
6) Remove fore plastic fuel-injector cover and find rat nest bedded with pieces of wire and rubber. I growl.
7) Notice fuel injector, intake air temp sensor, and other connectors are missing wires. Sadness sweeps over me.

Been off at the local electronics store today to get shrink tubing and wire for the impending repair job. I don't think any permanent damage has occured with respect to other components but it's a wait and see here.

Here's hoping this is a simple repair to kick off the New Year right!

Attachments

• enginebay.jpg
    enginebay.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 80
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 59
  • alternator.jpg
    alternator.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 64
I have a problem with rats on one of my outside cars, they cause a lot of damage.

I recommend getting a linear foot of steel window screen from your local hardware store. I wrap the harness with the screen and zip tie in place....that will solve the problem on *that* harness.

I've seen rat damage on other NSX's at the ABS pump harness.

You will have to keep a rat trap (or two) baited with honey+peanut-butter on top of the engine, but underneath the cover. Stage the trap trigger so it only takes a hair to trip it.

Drew

Back