• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine compartment light on dash permanently on?

Hello,

In a 1st gen ('94) NSX, is there a known fix for having the engine compartment open light on the dash permanently on? The engine compartment is definitely down and locked but yet the light remains on.

Cheers!

Make doubly sure that the engine compartment glass is locked down. I used to give a good press center bottom, and it would make a positive click sound indicating that it was closed.

The trunk lid also requires this press; merely closing the trunk does not usually engage the lock.

Also........ when the engine glass is up.... you will see a protruding screw bolt thingy you may need to unscrew it a little more as this screw presses the switch down when closed. or your switch is bad. if your not hearing a click when you press it down your not totally locking the glass. hope this helps

Thanks guys, I double checked and it's definitely closing with a click. I'm going to take a closer look at that switch; If I'm understanding Shawn correctly, the metal peg/pole on the glass lid pointing down is what triggers the switch - if so, it should be fairly easy to verify.

Just closing the loop on this one; Don from Hilltop found & fixed the problem - the alarm/security system had been disconnected (wires cut) creating the issue with the circuit the light was on.

Back