• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine cover for supercharger and intercooler

Does anyone know if the targa clamshell engine cover, with some modifications would fit over a SOS supercharger and laminova intercooler?
I noticed it sits alot higher in the rear window than the coupe engine cover.
It looks like if i cut the bottom panel to fit over the supercharger, the top panel should have enough height to clear the supercharger.
Does this sound right?

the only problem with that cover is that it doesn't sit over an SOS turbo system. That's the one design defect.

The engine cover I have is a fully custom piece designed to fit the Autorotor and Laminova. If I'm not mistaken, the KBSC is approximately 0.5 inches taller.

according to SOS, there is no stock engine cover that will fit over a SC with an intercooler.

according to SOS, there is no stock engine cover that will fit over a SC with an intercooler.
They just told me that they have never tried to do it with a modified clamshell cover.
1.3" is all that is needed to clear the supercharger and the clamshell looks like it's alot higher than the coupe engine cover.

Last edited:
I think the bigger problem is fitting the triangle brace, you'll need to modify that piece as well, then it's really going to be a challenge to make the engine cover work.

Life would be so much easier with a coupe....

I decided to ditch the cover--the exposed engine looks really cool. True race car feel. Sometimes I feel a little heat on the back of my neck coming through the rear window panel. Assuming this is normal with no engine cover?

OP, particularly in your case since you don't need a targa holder, why even go through the hassle of retaining a engine cover.

I decided to ditch the cover--the exposed engine looks really cool. True race car feel. Sometimes I feel a little heat on the back of my neck coming through the rear window panel. Assuming this is normal with no engine cover?

OP, particularly in your case since you don't need a targa holder, why even go through the hassle of retaining a engine cover.

+1. The only reason to have an engine cover IMO is if you need to store the targa.

I like the look too but i dont like the extra noise and heat and i dont really want to advertise that i,ve got a huge supercharger sitting in my back window.
The car gets enough attention as it is.
I will let you guys know how it fits for anyone who may want to cover their supercharger/intercooler

Last edited:
Looks good Ken.
Do you think a KB SOS supercharger/intercooler would of fit if you had of cut through the bottom panel?
How much space is there between the panels?

Last edited:
I run no engine cover. Love to show off my supercharger and engine bay. I store my targa in the trunk and my car sits inside most of the time to I dont mind the engine exposed

Back