• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Cover madness

Are there aftermarket engine covers, or has much been done
in the area of engine covers besides bare engine or factory engine cover?

I have friend who does fiberglass and molding and was kicking around the idea of making a custom cover, are there any concerns or surprise issues that pop up ?

thanks.

Bill.

Here is one I picked up recently

Only issue is it cant open fully but I like it.

1-1.jpg

I have a custome made one. It just covers the outside of the compartment and covers all the wires, etc. That way the entire engine compartment is exposed. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

Did the hinges and prop rod bolt right up?
We have this cover now too, but have yet to transfer the old hardware over to it.
Can you elaborate on the opening issue..........does the prop rod still work or does it need to be shortened?

Brian

Did the hinges and prop rod bolt right up?
We have this cover now too, but have yet to transfer the old hardware over to it.
Can you elaborate on the opening issue..........does the prop rod still work or does it need to be shortened?

Brian

The hinges bolt right up but the large humps on each side will hit the window thus not allowing it to open fully. Which also means you cannot install the OG prop rod cause it will need to be shortened. I was thinking of making a custom one or buying a prop rod and shortening it.

The hinges bolt right up but the large humps on each side will hit the window thus not allowing it to open fully. Which also means you cannot install the OG prop rod cause it will need to be shortened. I was thinking of making a custom one or buying a prop rod and shortening it.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into this.

Brian

1-1.jpg

I'd love to see how that looks on my sebring silver car. I'd like to see how it looks with the glass closed from different angles too, which the JETZ for sale thread was missing.

Last edited:
I just installed the 430 engine cover on my '92 and am very happy with it. As noted, the hardware bolts right on and everything lines up up perfectly.

Re: the prop rod, it is too long to set it in the standard spot using this cover. However, it can be anchored at a few points lower on the engine and it works fine this way. Even with this, the cover opens plenty high enough to do basic work in the engine bay. Just to be fancy, I'm thinking of making up a prop rod anchor which would bolt onto the strut tower stabilizer bar.

My Gruppe M kevlar engine bay garnish
n690446223_623343_3727.jpg

I'd love to see how that looks on my sebring silver car. I'd like to see how it looks with the glass closed from different angles too, which the JETZ for sale thread was missing.

Im surprised I never saw this engine cover before if my sebring silver wasnt targa I would of picked this baby up in a second

1-1.jpg

I know this is a way toooo old thread, but can somebody please let me know where I could get one of this? I know they are out of business, but I wan this desperatelly. If smb has one as interested in selling it, please let me know!!!! Thanks a lot!!

Back