• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine eye candy...

Hi Folks-

Well, I've had my '97 NSX-T exactly three weeks today. There's been only one really nice day here in the PNW that I didn't have to work, so I've managed to run the car from 6988 to 7244 miles. Sweet! And this week I will get my new set of OE Yoko tires.

In the meantime I've been polishing and cleaning- a complete clay, polish, and wax job has her looking really fine. Nice to have a heated garage in winter. But now I'm thinking about the engine compartment. Like the rest of the car, mine is completely stock at present, which is plenty pretty. I really do admire a well turned out engine bay that is not hidden under a layer of thermoplastic, as most modern cars are. In this respect the NSX reminds me of my 1988 BMW M3 (a.k.a. E30 M3, The Real M3), which has a lovely jewel of a powerplant (see pic). But I'm thinking maybe just a bit more shiny bits under the hood (boot? What do you call it if it's behind you?) of the NSX.

Dali Racing seems to have a very nice collection of polished aluminum pieces for sprucing up the engine bay. If they are as nice as I know aluminum billet can be, then maybe they are worth the price, which is not cheap. Any experience/comments on this issue here?

TIA. :)

Keith

s14.clean.01.jpg

P.S. Pics of the X at-

http://www.pbase.com/kfournie/keiths_97_nsx&page=1

NSX Garage-mate...

Yeah, the E30 M3 shares the garage with my '97 NSX...

This 1988 M3 is an historic car of sorts... 7th M3 sold in the U.S. (of about 5300), 1st M3 in Washington State, 1st of only 100 or so Henna Red (i.e. Orange) cars in the country. Currently 70K miles. Eight Concours wins in the last four years, including Best of Show in the BMW CCA PSR Concours d'Elegance in 2003. About a foot taller than the NSX! Fun! :)

Keith

keith_fournier-06.jpg

Keith in Seattle said:
...1988 BMW M3 (a.k.a. E30 M3, The Real M3), which has a lovely jewel of a powerplant (see pic).

s14.clean.01.jpg

P.S. Pics of the X at-

http://www.pbase.com/kfournie/keiths_97_nsx&page=1

I am a big fan of the E30 M3. I sold my E36 M3 Dec. 2002 for an S2000 and would love to get an E30 with low miles in the next couple years. Have you owned yours since new?

Have you owned yours since new?

I'm the third owner of the E30. It's a local (WA) car that I was able to buy in Feb. 2000 with 66,544 miles. Currently has just over 70K miles. There is a very active group of E30 M3 enthusiasts in BMW CCA, so if you're ever serious about finding a nice E30 M3, that's the place to start. Contact me privately for info.

Getting back to the NSX... I traded a '99 E36 M3 (15k miles) for my '97 NSX (7K miles) three weeks ago (obviously some cash was involved as well). Not enough garage space!

Keith

Attachments

• img_0163.jpg
    img_0163.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 375
Welcome

Welcome- there are a bunch of us in Seattle area on the board, we should do a lunch meet some day....

Back