• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine Hatch open warning LED stays on

pbl

Registered Member
Hi guys, my LED indicator for engine hatch being open is on, I have disconnected the connector near the hatch switch and the LED is still on. Checking continuity between the two pins on the connector plug (not on switch side) indicates the two wires are grounded, which I would think should keep the LED turned off. The hatch switch itself works fine, it goes to ground when I press down on the switch lever. I would guess I have a short somewhere between the plug connector and LED light, my question is can somebody give me a little guidance as to how to go about tracking this short down?

As an FYI I just recently washed down the engine compartment a couple of times over the last month and noticed this problem within this timeline.

Thanks for your help,
Pete

Are you saying that both pins in the connector are 0 ohms to ground? If so, how are you determining this?

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks Larry,
I am using an ohmmeter to each pin and it shows the circuit to be closed or like touching two ground locations. Sorry if I got my terminology backwards,
Pete

Back