• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine hatch wont open

Went to open the engine hatch and it will not open. I pushed down on the
glass. Locked and unlocked the release but nothing. There doesnt seem to be any tension while working the release. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sometime the hatch open lever will come loose from the pin. try pushing the lever back in place and open it.

I had the same problem... the dealer I took it too broke the hatch release lever... So I made them replace it. They wanted $180 for 2 plastic pieces! I was like haha thats funny...

In the mean time, I had to use a pair of pliers to open the hatch..... HTH

Wife's NSX had the same problem. It was the release lever.
The lever would turn but not turn the release rod.
Lever was stripped on the inside. Bought a new one from Acura, 25.00, pulled the old one off and pushed the new one on, no big deal and works perfectly.
Call Peoria Acura, they will give you 25% off list prices for OEM parts.
Something I recently set up. Ask for Lance or Lee. Tell them your were referred from the NSX Time Attack.

>>Acura of Peoria (AZ) is a proud sponsor of NSX Time Attack! For all your OEM NSX needs, please visit us at www.OemAcuraParts.com. We are proud to offer NSX owners a 25% discount on all original manufactured parts and accessories that are available from American Honda/Acura.

If our NSX catalog is not working properly or you have any questions, please call us toll free at 1-866-347-4510 and ask for Lance or Lee!

We can ship anywhere at reasonable rates.
http://nsxtimeattack.com/sponsors

I cannot open my the engine hatch also.
because the opener is loosed.
(Knob assy ,rr,hatch : part 74884 sl0 a01z)

It's stripped inside the release lever. A new one will fix the problem.

I cannot open my the engine hatch also.
because the opener is loosed.
(Knob assy ,rr,hatch : part 74884 sl0 a01z)

Back