• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Engine options for a Nsx.

I was looking at the new honda/Acura V8 engine online and came across the Acura RL 3.7 engine and was wondering of anyone had ever thought of building one and putting it into a Nsx. Call it sac religious if you want but I think it would have its merits. The RL engine has displacement and the new SOHC Vtec design will save on the cost of buying cams. And I think the 300hp and 271tq speaks well for a starting point. Some modding to the intake and exhaust with a performance cam and tuning and 350hp would be easy and the torque would be amazing. I love the C30B in my car now but it seems ridiculous when it comes to getting an engine built. $3000-$4000 just for cams is pricey. And a 350-400hp engine build that costs over $10,000 which is 2 times what it would cost to get a Chevy v8 or supra turbo or even a rb26 turbo engine. Just curious about what people think about alternate engines for our cars.

That's awesome. I'm surprised he didn't go for the 3.7 engine. 300hp and 300tq is worth the effort. It's great he is pioneering the swap but seeing that all the work is custom it could be years before anyone would be willing to manufacture the parts needed for a swap. I live in japan and getting a 380hp N/A engine built is a 25k endeavor.

Back