• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Epic fail thread from another forum

Here goes a local guy here in Houston. :biggrin:

http://www.htownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40915

My engine is making some weird clanking and chapping noises coming from both sides on the top. I changed my oil this weekend since I was working on it anyway trying to solve the cooling issues. I checked the oil and it looks normal except a few bubbles, but this has started since I changed the oil. I thought I bought enough oil but I was a little short. I had an extra 2 quarts of oil additive in the garage, so I used that to top it off. It took about 2 quarts. I don’t think that should be a problem should it?

What else can go wrong after an oil change if the oil level is ok?

by the way it is a 1993 Formula Firebird with Lt1 and Auto with trans cooler:zx11shocked:

May have some reel problems now. I just went outside to mess with the car, to see if I could figure out what is going on. I check the oil and it smells funny. I went and pulled the containers out of the trash and found that I put two quarts of brake fluid in with the castrol. So now I have oil additive, Castrol and brake fluid in my engine. I will try and drain it out now and put good oil in it and see if it fixes the problem.

Back