• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EPS problem

95 -T

So I have been reading a lot of threads on owners and there various eps issues.

My problem, drove my nsx the other day to work and everything was fine. When I was leaving work, turning out of the garage I could feel the steering went very stiff on my first 2 right hand turns and then everything was fine, no eps light came on @ the time. The next morning, started my car and was pulling out of the garage and the steering wheel was completed stiff, eps light on the dash board. After reading some of the threads, decided to try and pull the clock fuse. Eps light went off but as soon as I move the steering wheel, came right back on. I have tried this 3 times now with the same result. I took it out for a drive today to see if the speed sensor might be the problem, but the Gauges are working fine and the cruise control works as well.

my next step is to see if I can pull a code, I just want to make sure I have the steps correct:

- locate the eps unit which is behind the glove compartment
- disconnect the blue wire connection
- use a paper clip to jump it
- see how many times the eps light flashes

would this be correct?

any other troubleshooting tips I could try?

thanks
Ian

Last edited:
95 -T

my next step is to see if I can pull a code, I just want to make sure I have the steps correct:

- locate the eps unit which is behind the glove compartment
- disconnect the blue wire connection
- use a paper clip to jump it
- see how many times the eps light flashes

would this be correct?

any other troubleshooting tips I could try?

thanks
Ian

Let me see if I can help you a little. The Blue Connector is underneath the glove box along the side of the footwell. You will need to jump that and then turn your key to the on position but don't start the car. The EPS light will flash long and short. Count each long and short and that will be your code. I wouldn't worry about where your EPS Control Unit is. Get the code and then ask an Acura dealer if your car has had an upgrade as there was a technical bulletin issued some time back in regards to the control unit having an error when starting the car and moving the steering wheel. That may be your issue and the cheapest route you can go. If it has been serviced for that issue, my next suggestion would be to post your codes here so we can help you.

Let me know if you need a new EPS computer mine is fine and not using it either....... i also have an EPS rack FS PM me if interested. :)

Thanks for the updates. I will try Valhalla suggestion when i get a chance.
We just got hit with a huge snow storm in Toronto so hopefully sometime next week.

Back