• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EPS problem

The EPS warning light came on this morning on my '95T, I hadn't driven the car in a couple of weeks and when I went to start it the EPS lamp came on, so I checked the diagnostic code,it showed a 22, or a problem with the EPS power unit according to the 91 service manual.

I reset the unit by pulling fuse #7 to clear it, and the problem went away for about an hour then the EPS light came on agin, you can really tell the difference at slow speed, when it's in manual mode!

so I'll give the dealer a call to have them look at it. I think it's ok to drive the car without the eps just to get over to the dealer.

My question is this, I've already had this unit replaced about a year and a half ago per TSB 99-028, so I'm wondering if Acura should replace it under warranty? or am I going to have to foot the bill this time around?

johne

I just replaced mine (a 95 as well). It was sending code 22. Acura did the work for free.

I wasn't aware that the 91's even had power steering.

You don't mention how long ago or how many miles you've driven since the work was done but usually dealer repairs have a time / distance warranty. Personally, I'd ask them to do it again for free. It sounds like the control unit was replaced w/ another faulty one.

Btw, I *liked* the way my car drove w/out the PS - it felt more direct and I could feel the road better. I kinda wonder why they added PS to the car anyway really...

If the failure is the EPS control unit, its warranty was extended. Shouldn't be a problem getting it covered
smile.gif

Originally posted by Nsx Service Girl:
If the failure is the EPS control unit, its warranty was extended. Shouldn't be a problem getting it covered
smile.gif

I have this problem as well. However, my 95t has a 6spd trans. Will the trans cause a fault code to be sent? I am getting tired of the red light. I know that the warranty is extended. I have the letter from Acura. Just wondering if the trans is the cause of my probs.
AHWBA
Len

Originally posted by 7ontheway:
I wasn't aware that the 91's even had power steering....

Only the automatics had it.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Acura is doing a warranty replacment of the EPS power unit, should be ready tomorrow.

In the mean time the dealer gave me a 2002 3.2TL as a loaner, I like this car, feels really solid, does really good burnouts for a front wheel drive!
biggrin.gif

Back