• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ERROR CODES on App, but not dash

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. The AcuraLink app sent three notices to me. The dash never showed any errors. Dealer couldn’t find any ‘hard error’ messages buried inside the car’s brain. The car was communicating correctly with the app (for example, the Miles to Empty message on the app, corresponded precisely with that data on my dash).

Finally had had to delete the app, reinstall, and reload the vehicle data. No new app error messages.

Weird, eh?

Attachments

• F9298DC9-E9D9-45F3-A514-1782B691E881.jpg
    F9298DC9-E9D9-45F3-A514-1782B691E881.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 553
  • C70EFD19-D5EB-47AB-A083-AFCB64260AF3.jpg
    C70EFD19-D5EB-47AB-A083-AFCB64260AF3.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 455
Welcome to Ferrari ownership. Err....I mean Acura ownership.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with your car, only the communication protocol. All the errors you showed are the messages one receives when the car is in ON mode before you start or before the ready indicator turns on.

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this. The AcuraLink app sent three notices to me. The dash never showed any errors. Dealer couldn’t find any ‘hard error’ messages buried inside the car’s brain. The car was communicating correctly with the app (for example, the Miles to Empty message on the app, corresponded precisely with that data on my dash).

Finally had had to delete the app, reinstall, and reload the vehicle data. No new app error messages.

Weird, eh?

Well, there sure as hell is NOW. I’m on the side of the road, waiting on a tow truck. I was driving at around 6,500-7,000 rpm in 3rd on twisty roads in Sport+, when all hell broke loose. All drive power ceased, and the dash LIT UP with “Brake System Problem” and “Brake Hold System Problem” and “Dynamic Modes Unavailable” and “Hill Start Assist Problem” and “All Wheel Drive System Problem.” I’ll post pics of all these dash warnings.

I was able to limp off the road at about 12 miles an hour. The steering wheel shook badly, as if I had a wheel about to fall off — even st that low speed.

My previous two vehicles were an S-Class Mercedes and a 7-Series BMW....both of which were less expensive, and never left me on the side of the road. So, after only 2,000 miles, I’m a tad bit underwhelmed.

Well, there sure as hell is NOW. I’m on the side of the road, waiting on a tow truck. I was driving at around 6,500-7,000 rpm in 3rd on twisty roads in Sport+, when all hell broke loose. All drive power ceased, and the dash LIT UP with “Brake System Problem” and “Brake Hold System Problem” and “Dynamic Modes Unavailable” and “Hill Start Assist Problem” and “All Wheel Drive System Problem.” I’ll post pics of all these dash warnings.

I was able to limp off the road at about 12 miles an hour. The steering wheel shook badly, as if I had a wheel about to fall off — even st that low speed.

My previous two vehicles were an S-Class Mercedes and a 7-Series BMW....both of which were less expensive, and never left me on the side of the road. So, after only 2,000 miles, I’m a tad bit underwhelmed.

Glad you were at least able to get off the road and no one was injured. I'm interested to see what exactly might have been the culprit.

You need to join the 2Gen owners page on Facebook for a group dedicated to a great ownership experience. What you are experiencing sounds like either a thermostat problem or the 3rd brake light both which are covered in the recall.

Very few of us NC-1 owners use Prime at this point as a resource. More often than not you'll get someone else who loves to complain about his car but adds nothing to the conversation.

Ole.....wazzuuuuppppppp:biggrin:

LOTS of emergency action messages on dash

Thanks, but I don’t use Facebook. You don’t either: Facebook uses YOU.

So so here are the pics I took of my dash during the failures. After I lost all engine power, I coasted to the side of the road and put it in park. These error messages were still being displayed. I had no choice: I had to move. So I put it in Drive and pulled on to the road slowly. The steering shook badly, and it was a speed-sensitive shake.

2,100 miles on the car. I had used Launch Control for only the third time about 15 minutes earlier. Don’t know if that might be related. I had NOT used LC when my App sent me those three ‘ghost’ error messages, though. (See above)

has anyone else seen these dash errors?

Attachments

• ACEF7BD8-391E-4A50-9EAC-C8BF52A6642B.jpg
    ACEF7BD8-391E-4A50-9EAC-C8BF52A6642B.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 370
  • 9AAFB9D7-EC74-4C14-BDC5-6DDE862C5443.jpg
    9AAFB9D7-EC74-4C14-BDC5-6DDE862C5443.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 639F2EE0-0F92-4C50-B79B-0D560788EFEA.jpg
    639F2EE0-0F92-4C50-B79B-0D560788EFEA.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 368
  • BFC2749A-E422-442F-8684-03D20A6C6DD8.jpg
    BFC2749A-E422-442F-8684-03D20A6C6DD8.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 368
  • 43CDDB7A-B9C7-4FD5-A6D1-F12C98D2C8FE.jpg
    43CDDB7A-B9C7-4FD5-A6D1-F12C98D2C8FE.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 371

So so here are the pics I took of my dash during the failures. After I lost all engine power, I coasted to the side of the road and put it in park. These error messages were still being displayed. I had no choice: I had to move. So I put it in Drive and pulled on to the road slowly. The steering shook badly, and it was a speed-sensitive shake.

2,100 miles on the car. I had used Launch Control for only the third time about 15 minutes earlier. Don’t know if that might be related. I had NOT used LC when my App sent me those three ‘ghost’ error messages, though. (See above)

I've had all of those errors, and some other one's too. The car is an over engineered piece of sh!t.

Besides the vibration in the steering, does the car pull to one side also? If so you may have bigger problems than you think.

Last edited:
You need to join the 2Gen owners page on Facebook for a group dedicated to a great ownership experience. What you are experiencing sounds like either a thermostat problem or the 3rd brake light both which are covered in the recall.

Very few of us NC-1 owners use Prime at this point as a resource. More often than not you'll get someone else who loves to complain about his car but adds nothing to the conversation.

You just can't stop being a douche.

Doc, you're a trouble maker, I'm giving you a "time out"!!!

as far as I'm concerned (since I know nothing about anything) we are all having a brewsky at xpo...

Oh man, sorry to hear that. It is crazy that a bad thermostat or brake light can take out a car completely. Have you got the recall work done or is this a completely separate issue?

I will never understand the READY indictor - only car I've owned with this dash light. The owners manual says READY is the Ready Indictor. Clearly your car is not ready to drive but the ready indictor is on.

Also, just before your post, I was reading a news article about the 737 Max and thought about the NSX with its fly by wire steering and braking. In the event of electrical power failure or computer failure or sensor failure, will the NSX no longer steer or brake? I think the answer has to be yes since there is no mechanical linkage between the steering wheel and the steering rack, and between the brake pedal and the brake pistons. While I find the NSX brilliant to drive, I agree with DocL that it is over engineered.

Last edited:
Just talked to the NSX Tech guy, he says that there are NO ERROR CODES stored in the car’s brain. Thank God I took pics. They sent the pics to Ohio, and we’re waiting on word....

Just talked to the NSX Tech guy, he says that there are NO ERROR CODES stored in the car’s brain. Thank God I took pics. They sent the pics to Ohio, and we’re waiting on word....

Unfortunately since the wire harness transmits so many signals along the same route, it's sometimes impossible to find the source of the fault. I have spoken with another NSX owner who had your exact problems on multiple occasions. They are buying his car back now.

In the event of electrical power failure or computer failure or sensor failure, will the NSX no longer steer or brake? I think the answer has to be yes since there is no mechanical linkage between the steering wheel and the steering rack, and between the brake pedal and the brake pistons. While I find the NSX brilliant to drive, I agree with DocL that it is over engineered.

That is complete and utter bullshit. Clearly, you have no idea how this car works, but that doesn't stop you from spewing this kind of crap.

lol the FB group must be pure sex....:eek:

That is complete and utter bullshit. Clearly, you have no idea how this car works, but that doesn't stop you from spewing this kind of crap.

Do you think it’s normal for a bad third brake light to render a car useless? Because that’s one of reasons why the POS goes dead on the side of the road.

3rd eye blind.........................

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; if you think the NSX is crap, then ok, that’s your opinion. But like James May said: The only other three cars that do what the NSX does, are well north of $800,000.00, and the NSX “. . . is actually more trick.” So I’m going to give Honda some slack on this problem. Had I paid $1.5 million for a P-1, and experienced these same issues, I might not be so understanding. Or forgiving.

So....back to the error codes: The dealer says that Ohio says that I need to drive it hard again (like I was doing when it went nutty). They have hooked up a special full-time data-logger that constantly saves the last ‘x’ minutes of data. If it happens again, they’ll have way way more than just the standard error codes that the car’s brain stores. They’ll then download that data to Ohio, and PRESTO! Problem solved. Ostensibly.

My my only concern is...what if my friendly local Law Enforcement Professionals get hold of that damned data-logger thing?!?

Wow - you are one really touchy little person to react so strongly.

It is absolutely true that the NSX has brake-by-wire and steer-by-wire systems. It is true that brake pedal feedback and steering feedback is simulated by controllers and actuators. LandLawMan said his "steering shook badly" while driving at 12 MPH; the shake had to be caused by electronic malfunctions, unless he was driving over some really giant potholes or rocks that he forgot to mention in his post. In any complex system, or system of systems like the NSX, there are thousands of failure modes and effects - many of which yet to be analyzed and defined. To wit, LandLawMan's real-life scenario of his car displaying errors, going into limp mode, barely drivable, yet the computer telling the service tech all is well.

Perhaps a civil response to my civil post would have been been more productive and friendly. As a real-life rocket scientist/engineer with multiple degrees in computer and software engineering who spent a fair portion of his career at GE Aerospace designing and engineering super computers and software for aerospace and astrospace control systems, I would have appreciated a discussions with another engineer, esp one who is also an NSX enthusiast.

Back