• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Est Fest 2009 is on!!!

EST FEST 2009! Friday May 22nd to Sunday May 24th

Due to the success of last year's Est Fest - The NSX Club of Canada has planned another get together for the spring!

We'll be going for a cruise, checking out some wineries & historic Niagara on the Lake with a pass by Niagara Falls!

Where: White Oaks Resort & Spa http://www.whiteoaksresort.com/

This is a beautiful facility, with a 5 star spa and a golf course within walking distance! We've arranged a special rate of $165 per night single occupancy including your breakfast buffet. A copilot can be added for $35 to cover the breakfast charge. To get the rate use the "NSX Club of Canada" event code when calling 1-800-263-5766. There is a very limitted number of rooms available, so please book before April 21st!

Ugraded Suites are available as well.

Rooms are available from Thursday May 21st to Sunday May 24th at the special rate.

When: Events will kick off on Friday May 22nd and Finish in the Morning of Sunday May 24th. Come for all or part of Est Fest! We'd love to see you there!!!!

Get your car out of storage & shined up for the first cruise of 2009!!!

Last edited:
Becky and I are booked! No making fun of the Porsche owner this time! :tongue:

Just want to add some clarification when you call to book.

I was informed by White Oaks that the room charge is actually $115/person/night + tax. This includes your breakfast and gratuity. This is somewhat different from the first post as my understanding was $165+tax/person or add $35+tax for a co-pilot.

This is just to clarify as the White Oaks agent got me all confused when she said the room rate does not include gratuity, which I always thought was discretionary.

Sean, I know you have worked hard on getting this organized, but if this is different than what you agreed, you might want to clarify with them.

Nevertheless, we are booked and ready to meetup.

Just want to add some clarification when you call to book.

I was informed by White Oaks that the room charge is actually $115/person/night + tax. This includes your breakfast and gratuity. This is somewhat different from the first post as my understanding was $165+tax/person or add $35+tax for a co-pilot.

This is just to clarify as the White Oaks agent got me all confused when she said the room rate does not include gratuity, which I always thought was discretionary.

Sean, I know you have worked hard on getting this organized, but if this is different than what you agreed, you might want to clarify with them.

Nevertheless, we are booked and ready to meetup.

I'm glad you're coming!!!! I presume you mentioned that you are with the NSX Club of Canada event? I'm looking at the signed contract right now and it says $165/night + $35 for a second person in the same room. I will call and make sure there is no confusion. Make sure you get the good rate, if there's a problem, ask for Jillian Grub she's coordinating the event for us. :smile:

Last edited:
I'm on it guys. I'll let you know when they have it fixed.

I just called as well and it's $115 per person. Why they would charge another $115 for the second person in the same room makes no sense...

I held on the booking until Sean can sort it out.

Last edited:
I asked they answered. It's just an accounting item. If a single person books it's $165. If two book it's $200 plus tax = $226 or about $115 each. All is well - you can make your reservation.

Here's her reply:

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your email.

In your contract the rate is $165 per person, per night single occupancy and $100 per person, per night double occupancy. The guests that have already booked have reserved double rooms which are $100 – in the reservations department the system adds the applicable taxes and gratuities which brings the rate up to $115.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Jillian Grubb

White Oaks Resort & Spa

Spa services are available for Est Fest as well. Lori May, the director of the spa has made the option of having some spa services as a group. If the laddies or gentlemen attending would like to go have manis & pedis together that can be arranged. Otherwise they can book individually.

Ask your wives, or boyfriends, or whomever if they'd like to go! If so I'll book a block of time for Saturday that they can go. Let me know as I need to get back to them.

Cheers,
Sean

There's a couple more weeks left to register with the hotel to get the discounted rate. We've got a bunch signed up and I understand there's less than 10 rooms left at the negotiated rate!

I'm buying some welcome gifts (NSX specific) for Est Fest and want to get a list of attendees: (please add your names)

Sean & Becky
Garrick
Bram & Nancy
Kevin & Marlene
Dave Dean
Owen

Hey that's really nice of you! Definitely looking forward to it... lots of work to do before then...

Sean & Becky
Garrick & Nancy
Bram & Nancy
Kevin & Marlene
Dave Dean
Owen

So Far -

Sean & Becky
Garrick & Nancy
Bram & Nancy
Kevin & Marlene
Dave Dean
Owen & Karen
Brad & Sue

One day left to book a room at the hotel at the discounted rate! There's a few left - so jump onboard!

It's not too late to book!

Bash is planning a fantastic winery tour and lunch on Saturday. This is not to be missed, even if you only drive in for the cruise, wineries & lunch. Please let us know you're coming by posting here!

Christine and I will be there on Saturday.

Back