• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EstFest Anyone?

Est Fest is over the Memorial Day weekend this year and if I knew how to link to their post you'd see that it is being held at a beautiful resort, perfect for the entire family. The deadline for an incredibly inexpensive hotel room rate seems to have been 12/31, but I guess (?) there still may be some rooms available (135.00 or so a night).

Anyone interested in going? I think Don and I might be if others were into driving up.

Sorry guys. I should have posted this here much sooner. Glad Carla (and Brad too) reached out and brought the event to light. Love to see many of you back in Canada. Everyone from NSXCA are welcome. The resort has a very similar feel as in Gananoque (2008 Est Fest) where we will have a cottage/house for night social. We purposely set this for Memorial Day weekend so more of you can join us!!

If you decide to attend, first thing you need to do is book your room (1-888-946-3376 OR email [email protected])!! There should still be some available but do it soon before they are sold out. Besure to provide booking reference (NSX Club of Canada).

Hope to see some of you this spring.

Owen

603 miles = about 7 1/2 to 8 hours, one stop for gas, that should be about a day. Say 8 1/2 hours as can't go as fast in Canada.

I guess Google's estimates are very conservative. I tried it with a trip I've made a number of times (Ottawa to Kitchener) and Google says over 6 hours, but I routinely do it in 5 hours or less.

Last edited:
Boy I had a great time there in 2008; it was my first mass gathering...would love to do it all over again, I'll feel 4 years younger.

Tytus

I guess Google's estimates are very conservative. I tried it with a trip I've made a number of times (Ottawa to Kitchener) and Google says over 6 hours, but I routinely do it in 5 hours or less.

Well I also just got a ticket coming back from the track in Virginia so that might have something to do with my (overly?) aggressive estimates (though this one wasn't really deserved - really, it wasn't. 68 in a what I thought was a 60 turns out to be a 55 speed trap to catch all the out-of-state drivers since the 7 cars and trucks surrounding me going the same speed not in a sports car with track numbers on it didn't get pulled over, but that's another story Grrrr

I see Bram, my drinkin' buddy from Japan will be there. I may have to seriously consider attending this thing. :wink:

Andrea and I (maybe Gracie) are consider going up as well. We had a wonderful time in 2008. Plus, I can extend it and visit my Grandma.

So . . .

Does Basia like to horseback ride?

Yes, but what exactly does that have to do with an NSX event where we talk and drive NSXs, not to mention spend 6 hours driving up there? You'd have to talk her into it, otherwise I'm solo, which I was the first time, and never felt alone.

T'was a great time...

Tytus

Can't wait to see you guys again.

Just a quick update. Of our 25 room block, we only have 8 left and there are quite a few members in Ontario haven't booked. My advice is to call in soon to reserve and to secure the discount rates. This is quite a popular resort so there may not be many vacacy after our initial 25 are filled.

Call Arlene at 1-888-946-3376 to book or email her at [email protected]

Yes, but what exactly does that have to do with an NSX event where we talk and drive NSXs, not to mention spend 6 hours driving up there? You'd have to talk her into it, otherwise I'm solo, which I was the first time, and never felt alone.

T'was a great time...

Tytus

"What about some horseshoes and vodka if I go?" :biggrin:

The Don and I won't be able to go to Est Fest either.

All you fellow Canadians will just have to drink a few for us. Hopefully you won't mind too much! :eek:

Have a great time- the place sure looked awesome!

Back