• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EuroBoutique:l Black Supercharged NSX with Kenwood Double DIN + Police Lights + V1

We actually did this installation about a year ago at our old shop location. Irony is everything you see on this car was planned and drawn up initially for my own NSX as well but never got around to putting it in my own car! Oh well, customers first :)

Goals for this project are not much different than what everyone wants, clean sound and maintain as much functionality as possible while giving the NSX interior a modern make-over sound wise. Customer wanted to use the V1 so we opted to use our custom NSX bracket along with their remote volume and display units. Since this car was a black supercharged NSX, we also wanted some fun at car shows so a full set of Police take down lights were installed for the owner. Everything was seamlessly blended into the car.

We chose to use a Kenwood double din but unlike every other install you see, we wanted to eliminate the glare problem that every double din install has. After a few calculations we realized we should til the deck downwards about 20 degrees and combined with the Kenwood reverse tilt feature, the deck when powered up provides a perfect viewing angle almost vertical. Since the owner does not need the ashtray we took the opportunity to mold a few electronic items into the dash.

Doors got new component speakers and then we hid the Alpine amplifier behind the passenger seat. The subwoofer was a pre-built enclosure brought by the customer but we really want to rebuild it with a pair of JL 6W3's for better space usage.

Anyways enough talk, here's some pictures!

If you want to see our work, visit our site: www.euroboutique.us

cheers
EB staff

Car is ready for work in pits:

Interior in pieces:

Headunit installed but powered down, notice the tilt angle at rest:

Powered up:

V1 custom mounted with our NSX bracket:

Some fun with LED's:

Finished car:

Last edited:
Very nice stereo work! I like how the headunit is recessed mounted.
Nice car too.

Last edited:
I'm really diggin the entire set up, what are the switches next to the valentine?

We need to talk lol

Damn those PDX are $$$$

Last edited:
Wow, clean modernized interior, V1, supercharger, Prodrive wheels, red/blue light bar (for fun at "car shows")...

DROOL.

We have another supercharged NSX at the shop getting work done. Different approach for owner but ultimately still great sound is the goal!

Progress picture, stay tuned....we will have 3 more NSX builds in the next few months so any questions let us know!

Last edited:
So now that the NSX is completed I wanted to share some installation photos! We used a combination dynamat and butyl rubber insulation on the doors to get a good seal for the mid-bass.

Overall the project was to keep the OEM look and get some better sound by replacing the speakers and amplifiers. Owner is thinking about doing one of our custom subwoofer setups next :)

Focal speakers have really good warm sound and excellent imaging qualities (worth the $$$)

Dash pulled apart to wire the JL Audio Clean Sweep and electrical connections:

JDM switch panel incorporating switches and knob. We used the OEM light button to control the power antenna up/down.

Focal speaker in it's new home:

Electronics neatly mounted (we used stock bolt holes so nothing was drilled)

Dash put back together, looks pretty stock:

Wow! How did you make the panel around that Kenwood LCD look so clean? Looks like it was cut to that shape from the factory. :applause:

We have a few other projects up our sleeve so stay tuned to this thread :)

Anything is possible with enough labor and time....visit our website for plenty of other crazy stereo setups:

www.euroboutique.us

Also check out this iPad installation we completed for a local police customer:

s2000:

here's another custom dash piece ready to be primered/painted for a Prime member :)

*Note the double din dash angle was tilted for much less glare and also we deleted the useless ash tray section

very cool I love custome stuff, but ZIP-TIES in the engine bay is a NO NO LOL.

very cool work we do the same kinda stuff at my shop in Tampa. people love my work. but we focus more on rebuilds, engine work. and sometimes if we are nice we do stereo work LOL

Last edited:
Nice work! Any recommendations for reputable shops on the east coast, more specifically VA/MD/DC area? I'm looking to put a dual din headunit in and I like what I see above.

here's another custom dash piece ready to be primered/painted for a Prime member :)

*Note the double din dash angle was tilted for much less glare and also we deleted the useless ash tray section

what kind of plastic you use to do the job?
recycled material from other panels?

Is that with the reverse title or is it always in like that?

It can be programmed to tilt upon start or left in that position (easier to clean). No glare regardless though which is the best part.

Back