• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EVENT: SESM 2007 June 8-10 Chattanooga, TN

sesm-banner071.jpg

Pardon me, is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo? No sir it is not...that happens to be dozens of Honda S2000s and Acura NSXs heading to Chattanooga for the 2007 South Eastern Super Meet.

The 2007 SESM committee is happy to announce that after making stops in Atlanta, Huntsville, and Pigeon Forge the event has found a home for 2007 in Chattanooga, TN. The 2007 SESM will take place the weekend of June 8-10, 2007. Please visit www.sesm.org for event information and for registration information. Registration will open on March 5, 2007.

We are excited about hosting the event in Chattanooga and hope that you read up on all Chattanooga has to offer as a vacation destination. You'll be amazed at how much there is to do for everyone in your family.
Chattanooga was voted one of America's Top Family Weekend Getaways by Southern Living's Reader Choice Awards, and one of America's Top Family Destinations by Disney's FamilyFun magazine. Chattanooga, also known as the Scenic City, offers attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, Civil War battlefield sites, the African American Museum, and the Appalachian Trail which bring thousands of people to the area, as do events like the Riverbend Festival, Bessie Smith Strut, Fall Color Cruise, the Creative Discovery Museum for children, and the Southern Writers Conference. Chattanooga is the home of NCAA Division I-AA national football championships and hosts the national softball championships every year.

People who love the outdoors use Chattanooga as a base for hang-gliding, bass fishing, mountain climbing and caving expeditions; the verdant Smoky Mountains and Tennessee River watershed support the greatest variety of flora of any area in the United States. Add a couple days on to your trip and make your stay a vacation you will remember.

This year we hope you choose to join us for a weekend of meeting, socializing, learning, and of course driving. This year's drive will take you through three states and will cross over three mountains. This year's drive has been aptly named "A Three Mountain Tour".

Please take the time to browse www.sesm.org and visit the many sections for information on how to register, area info, sponsor info, and registration information.

Your 2007 SESM team thanks you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you in June.

Alllllllllllll.......Aboard!!!!

Last edited:
Tennessee? Sweet! That's not far from me at all (Knoxville). I posted it on TNAcura.com just for good measure.

This is the 4th year for the event and last year we opened to test with some NSX owners and they loved it. Now that I am the SE Rep for NSXCA this will be a co-car event and is officially our SE meet for NSXCA! I really want you guys to turn out in droves for this. I want to show that we can out number the S2ks. The event will have onsite Paintless Dent Removal at discount prices, looks like we will have a discounted onsite Dyno all weekend too, hospitality suite with free refreshments all weekend, and lots of just great times and curvy roads. The Riverbend Music Festival will be in full swing and is walking distance from the hotel. If you can make it, this will be the biggest event dedicated to the SE area that you will find. I am super-excited about this one and if you want information on the past events you can check on www.s2ki.com and see the dedicated forum in the Event Threads. Keep in mind this is an event such as NSXPO, but just for the SE!! I wanted to do something big with you guys and I hope that this event will be something we can do every year.

Be warned this event is capped at 100 cars and registration opens on March 5th. If you want to go, you need to jump on this early. The S2ki group will be anxious for spots and I want the NSX group to knock their socks off with people attending!!

Later,

Dewain

Registration will be $55 per driver and $45 per rider... There is a dinner, event shirt, and other packet stuff like koozies, cups, logoed messenger bags.... etc.. that is included though... trust me you will get your money's worth... More information will be posted on the website as we get closer. So, keep checking the site, www.sesm.org.

Later,

Dewain

Ahh Fun times ahead!!

I was one of the NSX guys that tried it out last year and it was a great event. The drives were really well planned out and a lot of fun. The giveways were really nice as well.

The s2k club has a lot of kewl members and is a great group to hang with. I will be going again this year and I hope to see some more nsx guys turn out this year.

We need to spank them s2k kiddies heh. Anyways just wanted to throw my experiences out there from last years event.

If anyone wants to ask me some questions about it just feel free to PM me and ill try and to answer what I can.

Look forward to seeing everyone out there.

Thanks for posting on TNAcura.com Dewain. I'll look forward to attending if the cards play in my favor.

Last year was my 1st expierence with the event, and it was a blast. We drove all day, for 2 days, and had a great time. No real issues, except some kid ditched his SK2000 in about the the 2nd mile of driving on the 1st day. Guess he was too excited.:tongue: Dewain envited me last year, and for the money it is well worth it. I will be going again this year as well. I'll see you guys there.

Hmm, I'm supposed to visit some guy I know (TitaniumVTec), with a silly avatar, in tennessee the end of March. I don't know if I can make two trips to Tennessee this year. Argh:frown: What to do!?!?

Just signed up!!

I spent Saturday driving the course with Dewain and several other great drivers. If you are thinking about coming to this event do not hesitate. The drive was great and very scenic!! This was my first time to the area and the roads were fantastic. Lots of changes in elevation along with sweeping 'S' turns and nice tight switchbacks. A nice variety of driving styles for sure.

Chattanooga is only 120 miles from the Dragon. Some of you that live further away can take advantage of driving the Dragon and surrounding areas, as well as this event. Very easy to get back and forth between the two cities also. Something to consider if you are going to be in the area anyway.

The NSX community needs to represent at this event!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a great time this past weekend. The scenery was fantastic. We had some really good NSX drivers. The girl with the white NSX could really hang with the boys. Titanium I have been losing sleep about getting NOS since meeting you. I just dont know if I could handle it. Everyone that is registering, get it done asap. One thing also, the set up of the hotel we have is perfect. It is a horseshoe shape with a outdoor bar, and a waterfall coming off of it. There is also a 8 man/woman hottub in the middle. I was going to get one of the train cars to stay in, but the location of the pool is clutch. Get your reservations for the hotel now, and request to be on the bottom floor. You can walk directly to the pool, and keep an eye on the hot tub incase any talent shows up.:biggrin:

Im probably going to make one more run before the event. If anyone wants to do another pre run let me know.

Titanium I have been losing sleep about getting NOS since meeting you. I just dont know if I could handle it...

Im probably going to make one more run before the event. If anyone wants to do another pre run let me know.

I am coming back for another run later this month. Maybe Sunday the 18th. That is, if they give me a map to follow. 100 miles of up and down had me lost after the first 40 turns.

As for the NOS, you can handle it trust me. Its only a 70 shot. Just don't use it in the rain going around corners. ha, ha You can drive it when I see you next time.

James

Back