• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Every warning message!

Hello everyone. I have an issue on a 2018 where the car is scrolling thru all of the warning messages one by one. It started after I stopped to get gas. I tried to restart the car and I got a warning light that the starter was to hot?

I locked the car and waited a few minutes and then the car started but all the warning messages were still there. It also wouldn't let me switch over to sport plus. I tried to lock and start the car once again but still all the messages are on. I ended up putting it away in the garage like that.

This happened once before when I first bought the car. I tried to start in accessory mode and the same thing happened. It resolved itself after an hour or so.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks

PM DocL

Lol case closed:biggrin:

My car starts up every time with no problem even after sitting for a month or two without a tender and I have never had any other issues in a year and a half. I think it has something to do w the accessory mode and starting the car. I am going to check again tomorrow after it sits overnight. Hopefully it will resolve itself like it did a year ago.

I was contemplating trading it in for a McLaren 570 but passed bc I didn’t want to deal with reliability issues! I might need to rethink that.

Actually I love the car and if I have to deal with something like this once a year I’m good with that.

My car starts up every time with no problem even after sitting for a month or two without a tender and I have never had any other issues in a year and a half. I think it has something to do w the accessory mode and starting the car. I am going to check again tomorrow after it sits overnight. Hopefully it will resolve itself like it did a year ago.

I was contemplating trading it in for a McLaren 570 but passed bc I didn’t want to deal with reliability issues! I might need to rethink that.

Actually I love the car and if I have to deal with something like this once a year I’m good with that.

So it's likely your battery. Letting the car sit without a tender for month or two is bold. There is also a fault with the TCU where it can draw power even when the car is off (or something to this extent). Happened to mine. To prevent it, turn off the entertainment/radio unit prior to shutting the car off.

Good luck leaving a McLaren without a tender for a month or two.

I would be the first to say that having a problem with your car really sucks. I have read a number of posts where there have been complaints causing very strange behavior in the way the car drives. People have responded back saying what the hell is wrong with Acura that they cannot design a car where a weak battery brings a car down. Well just to share, our other car is a Volvo XC90 T8 It has a 2 liter engine that is supercharged and turbocharged. In addition the T8 makes it a Plugin so the hp is just a hare above 400 and the torque is 475. It is the most sophisticated car that Volvo makes. This car is truly complex. Here is a thread from one unhappy owner:https://forums.swedespeed.com/showt...Towed-No-loaner-either&highlight=weak+battery In this particular instance the car was returned under the lemon law. I can tell you there have been a lot of instances where the fixes just took a long time. Having said all this, I still love our Volvo. The XC90 T8 had a 10+ kwh battery compared to the NSX's under 2kwh battery. When you change out the 12 volt auxiliary battery you must tell the battery control module via software that the battery is new. If you do not update the software the car will continue to charge the 12 volt battery based upon a time based algorithm. The new battery will not last very long. And you think our NSX is complex...….

So it's likely your battery. Letting the car sit without a tender for month or two is bold. There is also a fault with the TCU where it can draw power even when the car is off (or something to this extent). Happened to mine. To prevent it, turn off the entertainment/radio unit prior to shutting the car off.

Good luck leaving a McLaren without a tender for a month or two.

Thanks for the heads up. In fact I had everything on when I shut the car off at the gas station. I'll try that next time assuming the issue resolves itself overnight.
I also read that not locking the car helps as well which I have no problem doing in the garage.

I was told Mclaren recommends that the car be on a tender if it's not used more than 3 days!

All good this morning. Car started fine and all faults cleared. Drove around in Sport + for around 45 minutes to charge up the battery and put the car away with the audio system off.
I'll check with the NSX service rep at Rallye Acura to see if he has any thoughts but hopefully it will be good for another year or so!
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I would put a charger on it to bring the charge up to 100%. Driving around doesn’t fully charge the battery. That way, you know that you’re good to go wrt the battery.

Unfortunately the garage I rent does not have power. I have never had an issue starting the car and in reality I do take it out for a run every 4 to 6 weeks in the winter.

Please keep in mind that the 12V lead-acid battery in the front of the car is different from the hybrid system Li-Ion battery. The battery charge gauge on your dashboard is for the hybrid battery, so it doesn't matter if that battery is fully charged when you park the car and store it. The 12V battery in the front is used for starting, locking/unlocking the doors, the proximity key sensors, remote keyless entry system, etc., and that 12V battery will drain when the car sits idle in your garage. Even though your car may be starting without issues after the car has sat for months, the battery itself will still be weaker. In addition, when lead-acid batteries sit idle with only partial charges, the inner plates start to oxidize (a process called sulfation) which prevents current flow. If that oxidation layer gets significant enough, then the battery will eventually be damaged and be unable to hold a charge. Permanent sulfation of the plates can occur just after a few weeks.

Driving the car around the city in at lower speeds and stopping here and there will not allow the 12V battery to fully charge. If you can't drive the car on the highway for a period of time to get the battery to fully charge, then you may want to invest in a battery charger that you can at least use once a week.

Back