• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

evil shop!!

I went down to a local shop to look for wheels today. I though that
since i live in hawaii that it may be better to buy locally. I was thinking
of the volk gt-c or the hp evos. When i told him it was for a nsx,
he made a sarcastic coment that those car are only good for show cars.
He repeated himself many times, and still he would not give me a
quote. After teasing my car for the 5th time I left. I guess Ill just
get them somewhere else.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

WOW! I wonder if it was his last day or something??...I would have asked him what he ment...and then walked out ...But I am kind of an A$$ when it comes to stuff like that:smile:

gsxrg said:
I went down to a local shop to look for wheels today. I though that
since i live in hawaii that it may be better to buy locally. I was thinking
of the volk gt-c or the hp evos. When i told him it was for a nsx,
he made a sarcastic coment that those car are only good for show cars.
He repeated himself many times, and still he would not give me a
quote. After teasing my car for the 5th time I left. I guess Ill just
get them somewhere else.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

What shop was it?

report to the better business bureau (BBB)
post it on all forums
tell us the name of the place and describe the anus that made that comment!

its good that you left. after that comment i wouldnt trust an ass like this with my money at all. that idiot would prolly F up your order and give you a wrong size, color, offset or even lug pattern.

it doesnt matter if you buy it locally. Volks come from japan, and you'll have to wait anywhere from 4-6 months for them to produce it for you anyways.

i have my volk GTC for sale in the for sale section.
but shipping to HI may cost an arm and a leg.

It's a good thing you left. Post their name so that others in your area can avoid them too. Money talks and eventually people not spending their money there will get the message across.

Odds are that the guy you were talking to was not the owner of the shop - owners usually like to sell products and make customers happy. I'm sure the owner would love to hear from you and fix his problem. You will probably get a great deal and see someone lose their job. Send a real letter to the owner - I'll bet you get a great response.

Thanks for letting me vent. Just spoke to my wife and she was nice
enough to calm me down. It was just a guy with a bad day hating
on me. Thats ok, just drove the nsx with the wife, nothing better.
Just love the nsx. Thanks again.

geo

Just some odd guy who obviously got beat recently in his vette by some dude in an NSX.

mc-ca said:
Odds are that the guy you were talking to was not the owner of the shop - owners usually like to sell products and make customers happy. I'm sure the owner would love to hear from you and fix his problem. You will probably get a great deal and see someone lose their job. Send a real letter to the owner - I'll bet you get a great response.

Agreed. Stop by again and have a quick word with the owner. A discount may be in your future! :wink:

if it was a sales person, most likely someone with high school level education or less. In that mind set a Civic with Turbo is more of a real car to them because it can go down a 1/4 mile fast.

Unprofessional non the less. Shop just lost a sale.. This has got to be some lazy minimum wage salesmen because a real sales guy will get you to buy stuff that you dont even like.. LOL.

Funny, I stopped in some wheel store the other day just to kinda see what they had in stock and what they charge...First impression was the place stunk, literally:frown: then I'm talking to one of the salesmen at the counter and some other snake, err I mean salesman starts moaning to the other guy that he cost 'em $200 off the sale that just left and the guy I was talking to tells him that he already made a "million dollars" on the deal and didn't want to rip the guy off that bad:confused: Right in front of me:eek:
The snake leaves and the guy starts telling me that the guy totally rang the dude up and he dosen't do business like that...Needless to say I was in my car back on the freeway before I needed to hear one more word...Makes you wonder about some of these wheel shops???

Give us the name, and phone number of the shop. Lastly, if you can remember the name of the guy who helped you, PLEASE give us his name, id LOOOOOOOVE to call them up .

I dont know what it is about wheel shops. They are sleasy 90% of the time. In fact I dont think there is a single one in town I would buy something at. I just dont understand how these places stay open.

The first rule at our shop is, NEVER put down a customers car, no matter how ragged it is. If something is borken its one thing to point it out but, to make off handed comments about a potential customers car and talk about a transaction in front of a customer WTF?

Back