• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

EVO IX OWNED 3X's!!

Raced a friend of mine after some peer pressure tonight. He had a brand new EVO IX. We did a standing start and two roll-ons and I won by at least six cars easy every time to 120. I have I/H/E, SOS stage I ecu/TB and some weight reduction of about 200 lbs. I normally don't street race but I gave in after being called out in front of a large group of my peers. Desolate open highway with no traffic so don't flame me too bad please!

Well considering that an Evo IX puts out 286HP, weighs almost 3300 lbs and has the aerodynamics of a hippo standing sideways, I'm actually not very surprised. :)

And yes, you were a very naughty boy for racing on a public road. For your punishment you must lock yourself in a closet, put on a set of headphones and listen to 3 hours of Kenny G.

Is that his first AWD? Does he know how to launch? I've seen people add a second on the 1/4mile strip because they can't get a launch and bog the car. If you drag race that split second is worth about 7 car length not to mention that car goes into turbo lag. I had two evo's and I know they are also very fast in the straight. It took me about 25 launch to really know how to launch an AWD car.

If the weather is cold he should run 12's in the quarter.

Yeah ,but it wasn't stock to stock:biggrin:

haha watch out =)
if he gets a $5 manual boost controller, a $100 ecu flash, $100 intake, and a $300 downpipe, and a $500 exhaust he will probably serve you next time :biggrin:

damn turbo cars... my friends Evo 8 gets 20 wheel horsepower from a friggin intake.... arrrrrrr

ehh - end of the day you drive an NSX, he's driving an EVO.

they're nice cars, just not an NSX. you win, regardless of the dragrace :D

Somebody kill Kenny... :D

NSX-Wes said:
Wait a minute - I think Kenny G sounds great in my NSX while cruising the canyons!

In which case your punitive measure would be:

3 hours of Rob Zombie at full volume. :eek:

rickysals said:
ehh - end of the day you drive an NSX, he's driving an EVO.

they're nice cars, just not an NSX. you win, regardless of the dragrace :D

C'mon, the Evo has got to be one of the most beautiful automotive designs in recent years. :biggrin:

well.....you have about equal HP and you weight about 300lbs less, that's what happens.

satx said:
well.....you have about equal HP and you weight about 300lbs less, that's what happens.

However, the Evo has a lot more torque I would bet. Are we talking about a RS, GSR or MR Evo?

I think once the Evo hits 120, it slows down subtantially due to its poor aerodynamics.

AMGsRock said:
However, the Evo has a lot more torque I would bet. Are we talking about a RS, GSR or MR Evo?

I think once the Evo hits 120, it slows down subtantially due to its poor aerodynamics.

I think its due more to gearing than aerodynamics, an evo owner could confirm this though.

Back