• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust question(s)

Im currently in the market to replace the stock exhaust on my 91'. I'm strongly leaning towards the Pride V2 but I've only heard sound clips of revving/WOT drive-by's. What I'm curious about is how the cabin noise level is at cruise as i have hands free through my pioneer head unit and dont want to severely compromise it with excessive background noise (the mic is mounted near the guage cluster).
Will I be safe with the Pride v2 setup and if not, what are some other options (besides the comptech exhaust, I'm not too much of a fan). Looking for a low cruise noise but more aggressive as I get on the throttle.
Thanks in advance :)

You will be fine, trust me. My cabin is decently quiet and thats with the car prob being like 120 dbs on the sound chart lol.

Im currently in the market to replace the stock exhaust on my 91'. I'm strongly leaning towards the Pride V2 but I've only heard sound clips of revving/WOT drive-by's. What I'm curious about is how the cabin noise level is at cruise as i have hands free through my pioneer head unit and dont want to severely compromise it with excessive background noise (the mic is mounted near the guage cluster).
Will I be safe with the Pride v2 setup and if not, what are some other options (besides the comptech exhaust, I'm not too much of a fan). Looking for a low cruise noise but more aggressive as I get on the throttle.
Thanks in advance :)

im also curious too about the the Pride V2 something that i might be interested in buying too i youtube it but like you said only hear revving on it

You would like the ARK. Look for one used they pop up ofter in the for sale section. I don't think you can get them new anymore. It's not like they go bad.

Freeway cruising with windows UP

Freeway cruising with windows up then down

Let me know if you can't see the videos. Thanks

Mark @ PRIDE

Those are great videos thanks Mark! This will certainly be my next purchase, I'll contact you after I return from spain next month and we can talk business.

And thanks for the other opinions I can always count on Prime members :)

I have driven NSXs with a stock exhaust, flowmaster exhaust, a custom exhaust and Taitech GTLW.

I prefer the Taitech, sounds mean at WOT, but tame at cruising speeds.

Go with the Pride v2. I don't notice much difference at cruising speeds with my Pride v2 other than the exhaust sounds smoother...not louder.

You can notice the difference when you hit the pedal hard. It sounds greattttttt!

I love my Pride v2!

Go with the Pride v2. I don't notice much difference at cruising speeds with my Pride v2 other than the exhaust sounds smoother...not louder.

You can notice the difference when you hit the pedal hard. It sounds greattttttt!

I love my Pride v2!

Take off the cats like me and you will really like it ;)

Back