• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust system

Anyone kind enough to recommend me a nice exhaust system. I'm looking to achieve a nice low pitch and rich sound. Nothing loud by all means. I had the pleasure to look and listen to most of your cars in the last meet in Fremont. I think I was the only one with stock exhaust. ? I'm willing to meet you if you are willing to let me hear and see your exhaust.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Anyone kind enough to recommend me a nice exhaust system. I'm looking to achieve a nice low pitch and rich sound. Nothing loud by all means. I had the pleasure to look and listen to most of your cars in the last meet in Fremont. I think I was the only one with stock exhaust. ? I'm willing to meet you if you are willing to let me hear and see your exhaust.
Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you're describing the ARC Ti exhaust: ultra light weight, excellent tonal quality, exceptional construction, typical performance gain (there are other mufflers with more power potential but they don't sound very good to my ears and are obnoxiously loud), and minimal volume increase. Problem is, they are no longer available new and are very expensive due to its 100% Ti construction. I know you said you don't want a lot of volume but if you change your mind simply replacing your cats with test pipes will make it much louder.

One of the locals, edub, has this exhaust. Maybe check to see which meet he signs up for and make sure to make it to that one and ask to hear it. As stated though, if you like it, you'll have to start a search for a used one in the marketplace. They come up every now and then.

More affordable, more available, even new, and still good-performing is the Comptech exhaust. Heavier and with a little less pleasing tone than the ARC, it may be a good compromise.

J

LOL... Sure just recommend a $6000 exhaust to the guy...

Any feedback on the ones offered at science of speed web site. Has anyone purchased it from them? Price is in mid 1200 hundred ish.

Here's an old video from another prime member with the same exhaust as mine ARK-DTS (DTX=quad tips). Im running Topspeed or Prospeed headers. I like the sound. They were only $800.00. Not to Bling $$$$.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0liRsaED8MA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fernando,
Ill meet up with you after work in Los Gatos and take a cruz through 17 Santa Cruz mountains soon on a nice hot day. Of course anyone is welcome to join in as soon as we figure out date.

Last edited:
Back