• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhaust Tips Please

I have a stock '92 and I'm considering getting headers &/or a custom Muffler and I'm looking for advice. One of the guys I know went the GTOne route, spent a whole lot of $$ and ended up TOO LOUD for TRACK Day!

I would like something that's not too loud at cruise, but wails when I wind it up a bit. Not >90 DB wails, but a bit of shriek is what I'm after. It's got yo be decent at highway speeds though.

I'm looking for opinions and I'm looking for advice. I'm even looking for a used system in great shape.

BOUGHT SPOON EXHAUST - THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

Last edited:
Go for an ARK exhaust system. I think those sound great. I think there is one on Prime marketplace for around $900. You can also go with a used Comptech for around $600.

How would you describe the ARK sound? Is it a shriek or a rumble? I listened to one on SOS that ended up sounding like an Austin Healey 3000. Not a bad sound, but out of place on an NSX.

Go for an ARK exhaust system. I think those sound great. I think there is one on Prime marketplace for around $900. You can also go with a used Comptech for around $600.

I've heard the DTX {quad tip}, it's not a high shreik like the GT-One. It does sound good. It has the best quad tips on the market IMHO.

Back