• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exhausts?

I'm new to the forum, but have had my NSX for 4 years ---- was going to sell it and get something else, but I just can't do it !

So instead, I'm going to modify it a little bit, just to keep me interested.

Question - I want a nice purrrrrrr to my car, but I don't want the neighbors, police or my ears to be ringing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
xxlrr8

Welcome to the forum!! 4 years and your just now joining? You've been missing out. :p hehe
Anyways, as far as exhaust goes, I'm no expert. Far from it. But I owned a CompTech that blew and I've read other have had problems with them also. Since I was on a budget, I bought a Flowmaster muffler, and had the muffler shop custom install it. Total cost was less that $150. Sounds awesome, I love it. You should do a search.
Good luck
Z

just IMO, ive had the tubi since last august--love it, keeps getting better with additional miles.

not too loud, ferrari-esque sound---like the stock 'shouldve' sounded. If you want something really loud that screams aftermarket, this isnt the one for you.

You've got the idea ---- I just want something with a little purrrrr, I don't want it to scream "after market", nor do I want it to sound like all the Honda Civics the kids are running !

Thanks

I am very happy with my DC Sports exhaust. I have had it for 4+ years and it is very refined, not much if any louder then stock, and has great looking tips IMO.

I live in a neighborhood with 14 homes and 18 children (including our 3) and if I had something loud I wouldn't be alowed down our street in the morning or at night.

I can also tell you it gets a lot of attention and compliments at the track under WOT. "What was that?"

Good luck...

Tubi is the way to go

I have friends bring their friends by just to hear my Tubi. I love it, both looks and sound. Nothing like those dual tips and sweet low burble that becomes a nice loud deep roar in vtec. Every one of my instructors at track events have commented how much they like the sound the car makes. Check out Science of Speed's group buy going on now.

I second the the DC experience similar to stock in db but has more tone.The reason I got it was more cosmetic as the pollished tips are nice.Seems that you need to decide If you are a dual tip or single tip man!Then narrow it down.If you loose your mind and want to wake up the neighbors and frighten small dogs get a light wght exhaust and remove you cats.:D

I would prefer dual exhaust tips - does that narrow things down a bit?

Want is anyones experience with Remus Exhausts or someone suggested a Flowmaster ?????? Comments please.

I've read all the other threads about the performance, loud exhausts - I just don't want to go that route.

Thanks to all for your comments & advice.

i have RM for a little while now--i love it!!!! she barks though :D grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof

Attachments

• 100_0044.jpg
    100_0044.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 487
xxlrr8 said:

How loud is the Anytime exhaust
I'll let you know my personal opinion after my install on Firday. In the mean time, there is a sound comparison chart here.

i have RM for a little while now--i love it!!!! she barks though :D grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof grrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooof

Attachments

• shutup.jpg
    shutup.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 487
tubi is also dual tip. also fairly expensive ($1700). sounds like it was what youd expect from the factory----nice sound but not aftermarket. whereas imo the stock sounds like any other honda--not like an exotic sportscar. hope that helps

Go to an NSX Club event in your area - or, better yet, NSXPO 2003 in Northern California in October - and listen to the sound of various NSXs with lots of different exhausts, side by side, and pick the one you like best.

Back