• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Exotic Car Toy Run

Add my NSX makes 8. I am in eastern Hollywood and would love to jump on the caravan going south.

Armando - Thanks for the referral to Frank @ Smithspeed. He did my aem and worked out the major kinks I was experiencing pre-aem with the CTSC.

jmp said:
Add my NSX makes 8. I am in eastern Hollywood and would love to jump on the caravan going south.

Did you reguster yet at www.ToyRally.com? I think the cut-off is Wednesday night. If you're in Hollywood you're better off joining the group departing from the Sheraton Hotel on Griffin Rd just east of I-95. Check the threads on F-chat for more info.

dlynes said:
I will try and do that, how far is that from PBG?

The Glades Road exit on the Turnpike is about 30 miles South of PGA Blvd. If you plan to meet us there, exit at Glades then make a left at the light then the next left at the next light (comes up fast) into the parking lot for Starbuck's and Kinko's.

Hugh, Id love to meet you guys, details please

time and exact location? Glades Rd. Boca Raton...Starbucks/Kinkos...WHAT TIME? What time do you plan to leave Glades Rd.?
whose meeting there?

dlynes said:
Hugh, Id love to meet you guys, details please

time and exact location? Glades Rd. Boca Raton...Starbucks/Kinkos...WHAT TIME? What time do you plan to leave Glades Rd.?
whose meeting there?

We're meeting at 6:45am and plan on departing at 7:00am sharp. It should take you about 25 minutes on the turnpike to get to the Glades Rd exit. A few F-Chat guys and a few NSXers will be all be leaving from this point.

See ya Saturday. :wink:

awesome, excited see everyone...should be an awesome day!! see some crazy cars and meet some great ppl! see ya guys sat am!

I am driving from Jupiter, will see you all at the Glades exit at 6:45. I look forward to meeting all of you and having a great time helping out the kids! If anyone from north county wants to drive down together, just let me know. Thanks for providing the link for registration Armando!!:smile:

The route we will be taking is as follows:
Turnpike South to I-95 merge at Golden Glades Interchange
Continue on I-95 South till it ends and becomes US-1
Continue on US-1 South to Ponce de Leon Blvd
Right turn on Ponce de Leon to The Collection at corner of Ponce and Bird.

Attachments

• collection.jpg
    collection.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 40
Hello fello SE NSX'rs...

It's been way too long. I've been NSX-less for a few years, but about to pull the trigger on my 3rd X, in the fastest color of course, a little younger this time.

Not sure I'll make the Toy Run, but would like to get on the X-train the next time you guys terrorize the turnpike.

Hello to Doc & Armando. Good to see you guys still have the passion. Anyone remember this? Not the r/c car! :wink:

Best to all!

Carl C., Admin
www.YachtForums.com

Attachments

• NSX.JPG
    NSX.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 62
XSNSX said:
Hello fello SE NSX'rs...

It's been way too long. I've been NSX-less for a few years, but about to pull the trigger on my 3rd X, in the fastest color of course, a little younger this time.

Not sure I'll make the Toy Run, but would like to get on the X-train the next time you guys terrorize the turnpike.

Hello to Doc & Armando. Good to see you guys still have the passion. Anyone remember this? Not the r/c car! :wink:

Best to all!

Carl C., Admin
www.YachtForums.com

Carl

I have the worst memory but I sure hope I didnt piss you off :) Glad to see you are getting back into the groove with another NSX, nothing like a Honda :)

Armando

XSNSX said:
Hello fello SE NSX'rs...

It's been way

Best to all!

Carl C., Admin

Holy cr@p...... Carl you're still around. I remember seeing you on Glades a few years ago and you were telling me that you were thinking of selling the NSX. Welcome back to the club.

Hope to see you around sometime.

Hi Doc, Armando...

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be back.

Doc; I need to call you. Need some maintenance in the areas you specilaize in. I still keep a PO box in Boca and come down weekly. Will have my secretary call your secretary... and then they'll blackmail us.

Armando; Nope, not mad. Best I remember, you never tried to steal my girlfriend and we never swapped paint. If you recall, you & I were had the two primary colors the Turnpike Trooper was looking for when he caught up to us at the service plaza in Palm Beach. We had an X-train running from Boca to a Palm Beach Car Show. Remember now?

Good times were had in NSX's. Want to re-live some of them again. Or maybe I'm just trying to turn back the clock a few years. Hhmmm... sounds like the makings of a mid-life crisis. (again)

Best!

Carl

XSNSX said:
Hi Doc, Armando...

Thanks for the welcome. Good to be back... If you recall, you & I were had the two primary colors the Turnpike Trooper was looking for when he caught up to us at the service plaza in Palm Beach. We had an X-train running from Boca to a Palm Beach Car Show. Remember now?

That was a very memorable experience. I think it was also Dr. Gums who was an instigator in that episode. :biggrin:

Update list of registered participants:

Fred 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Griff 2006 Porsche Carrera S
Eddie 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena
scott 2006 MINI Cooper S JCW
Jon
Dr. Robert 1994 Acura NSX
Armando 1992 Acura NSX
Michael 2001 BMW M Roadster
Hector 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello
tomas 2006 Porsche Cayman
David 1998 Acura NSX-T
Frank 1992 Acura NSX
mark 2000 Ferrari 550
Mauricio 2002 Ferrari 360-rosso fiorano
Robert 2002 Ferrari 360 spider
MARTIN 2000 Ferrari 360
Jon-Peter "Gang-Star" 2002 Ferrari Modena "EC" Styee-lo, *****!
Garrison 2002 Ferrari 575
Edward 1985 Ferrari 308GTS
Ron 1972 Ferrari 365GTB/4
Richard 1990 Ferrari 348 TB
Bill 2004 Acura NSX
Joel 1999 Ferrari 456 M GT
Thomas 2005 Lotus Elise
David 2003 Hyundai Tiburon
William 1990 Ferrari F40
Hugh 1993 Acura NSX
Jim 2003 Ferrari 360 F1 Spider
Robert 1998 Ferrari 355 F1
Ron 1983 Ferrari BB512i
Oscar 2002 Honda S2000
mara 2006 Ferrari 430 Spider
Richard 2005 Crysler srt8
Carlos 2001 Ferrari 360 Spider
Hector 1991 porsche 911 C2 cab
Steve 2006 mitsubishi evo ix mr
kenneth 2004 Ferrari 360 modena berlinetta
Dee 2006 Honda S2000
Vincent 1973 Dino 246GTS
MASSIMINO 2001 Ferrari F360 SPIDER
Jon 1991 Acura NSX
Alfredo 1995 Ferrari 456 GT
Michael 1999 Ferrari 550 Maranello
Bonnie 1984 Ferrari 308 GTBi QV
Jerome 2006 Ferrari F430 Spider
fred and christine 2001 Ferrari 360
Greg 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Chris 2004 Honda S2000
John 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
John 2005 Ferrari F430
Scott 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale
Andy 2000 Ferrari 360
Jay 1997 Ferrari 355 GTS
Mike 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena
FRANK 2005 Ferrari F430 Spider
OSCAR 2004 Ferrari 360 MODENA SP.
Greg 1991 Acura NSX
JIM 1999 Ferrari F-355F1
Julian 0 0 0
Dario 2005 Honda S2000
Robert 1991 Acura NSX
Thomas 1995 Ferrari 456 GT
Joe 2007 porsche turbo
EDDY 2006 "DODGE
" VIPER
Ricardo 2004 porsche GT3
Marc 2001 Ferrari 360

Robert (91 Blk NSX) and I are meeting at PGA turnpike parking lot at 5:45 am Saturday to drive and meet everyone else...if anyone else is interested please meet us! We will be getting on the turpike on ramp around 6am then driving south!!

dlynes said:
Robert (91 Blk NSX) and I are meeting at PGA turnpike parking lot at 5:45 am Saturday to drive and meet everyone else...if anyone else is interested please meet us! We will be getting on the turpike on ramp around 6am then driving south!!

Are you hopping off at Glades to join the Boca caravan?

P.S. If anyone needs a reliable wake up call for this ungodly hour you can't beat www.mycalls.net

Yes, we will see you all at 6:45. I'm in 91' Berlina coming from Jupiter. Thanks to Hugh for the Rules of the Road form. BTW, who is the brake guru in the crowd? I'm pulling left under hard stopping. Not too bad but annoying.

Bodhi said:
Yes, we will see you all at 6:45. I'm in 91' Berlina coming from Jupiter. Thanks to Hugh for the Rules of the Road form. BTW, who is the brake guru in the crowd? I'm pulling left under hard stopping. Not too bad but annoying.

You're welcome for the form. As for the pulling, it could be a tire inflation/alignement issue too. It wouldn't hurt to bleed the brakes. Do you have a set of Speedbleeders on your car? Go to www.speedbleeder.com and have a set of 4 in size SB10125 overnighted to you. After the rally we can install them and it will take about 15 minutes to bleed your brakes. if you're an NSXCA member, mention that to them for an additional 10% discount.

Bodhi said:
Thanks Hugh! I just ordered a set of 4. Brake fluid and wrenches will be in tow...

Just so you know, although the threads of the Speedbleeders are indeed metric, the hex nut part is 3/8". I can't find my original nipples so I don't know if the Honda bleeders have a Metric or SAE hex head, so bring both sets of open end wrenches. If it's metric, it's most likely an 8 or 9mm.

Also throw in a turkey baster to empty the master cylinder first so we don't have pump all that old fluid through the system. A one liter empty soda bottle to empty the baster into and a few shop rags to surround the master cylinder with during the process so any wayward brake fluid doesn't go where it's not wanted.

Back