Exotic Cars and Coffee in Great Falls

Finally was able to get back to Katie's after a long dry spell. What a fantastic turnout of cars this morning. I arrived very late and had to park in the back forty. Mine was one of two NSX's present. I spent most of the hour or so standing by an Imola Orange NSX answering questions and watching folks take photos by the car. Also met two NSX owners who brought other cars this morning. Looking forward to next time...

For those unaware of this event, it takes place every Saturday morning, 7-9 a.m., Katie's Coffee House, 760 Walker Road, Great Falls, VA 22066. Usually draws 100-150 cars. Must have been closer to 250 this morning.

Dave

Last edited:
Yes that was me you met on the way out. I arrived after 8:00 a.m. and had to park behind the hardware store. I usually get up to Katie's about once a month. Plan to be there again on 6 Aug. Hope to see you there.

Dave

I finally purchased a 97 NSX-T Black/Camel after waiting until my two daughters graduated from college. I live in D.C. and MD and am seeking gatherings where I can meet other NSX owners. Is 8/6 the next meet-up in Great Falls?

I finally purchased a 97 NSX-T Black/Camel after waiting until my two daughters graduated from college. I live in D.C. and MD and am seeking gatherings where I can meet other NSX owners. Is 8/6 the next meet-up in Great Falls?

No, the Katie's coffee meet is every saturday from 7 am to ~10:30am. There is also one off of 216 and 29 in Maple Lawn, MD from 8ish to 10:30am at a local coffee shop there and on sunday, there is a nice gathering in Annapolis at 122 Dock St at the end of the parking lot on the water. This meet starts around 8 and goes to 10:30 as well. I usually show up with Venom and Love NSXs to this meet. Feel free to call me and we can meet up and go to some of these together.
919-539-2131
Jay

I met Syndicate last weekend at Katie's but unfortunately I have to be out of town this weekend. I'm looking forward to making the run to Annapolis and meeting some more NSX owners when I return.

Saw your car over there along with Wesley's (the orange NSX). I was the one with the red MR2 Spyder.

Saw yours and the orange NSX. I never saw the driver of the NSX around it. As always, really neat stuff there. A couple of the hot rods were amazing. I took some pictures I will post later.

If all goes well, I'll be picking my car up from Ben's shop at the end of the week and will be ready to show 'er off :biggrin:

Hope to see you guys there.

Rob

Another great gathering of fabulous cars and enthusiastic owners! Enjoyed talking to wahoo5 and HIJACKER. See you next time around.

Dave

Good to see you again, Dave. Saw 2 other silver ones, but no one around them. We went by Ferrari/Lambo of DC on the way home and saw the new Aventador. What an amazing looking car. Best looking Lambo since the Miura.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

HIJACKER owned the Silver 04. Didn't see any other Silver NSXs before I departed. I plan to return 11/19 weather permiting. Hope to see you and others then.

If it looked like this, it was mine. Only difference since this photo, I've added the Difflow Railer Diffuser

_DSC1055.jpg

I just can't figure out why everyone starts leaving at 8am. Seriously, WTF. Some of those people get there at 6am?!?!

I like getting up early, but shit that's early on a Saturday morning. I arrived at 8:30am and I would say about 50% of the cars were either leaving or already gone...

I just can't figure out why everyone starts leaving at 8am. Seriously, WTF. Some of those people get there at 6am?!?!

I talked to one regular sometime back when I first started going to Katie's and he said the 7-9:00 am time was set to clear the parking lot for the normal business customers. If true, doesn't look like many abide by that guideline anymore. I guess the early birds are there to get the good parking spots!

Back